14

BLOODLINES
—14. Spectacle

   It was cloudly outside but that didn't stop Harry and Marie from making the most of their time together

   It was cloudly outside but that didn't stop Harry and Marie from making the most of their time together. They stood in the gardens at Westminster, underneath an apple tree. Marie was pressed against the tree, her arms wrapped around Harry's neck as they passionately kissed.

Slowly, Harry pulled away from the kiss. He leaned his hand upwards, picking a flower from the tree before he smiled down at Marie. He stared at her in admiration, placing the flower in her hair before he placed his own cloak over her body.

He smiled, cupping her face in his hands. "It doesn't matter if you're of Habsburg descent and I am a Tudor, I am yours and you are mine, from this day until the end of our days," He whispered to her and Marie nodded, wasting no time leaning forward to kiss him.

After kissing, they began to hug, only to be cut off when they heard someone calling their names.

Recognizing it to be Charlie, Harry rolled his eyes and turned his head to see his friend walking up to them. "What do you want, Charlie?" Harry asked the man in an annoyed tone, "I'm kind of busy."

"I'm actually not here for you," Charlie suddenly informed them, causing Harry to give him a weird look while Charlie ignored it and looked directly at Marie, "I need to speak to you about something. Alone. It's important. Very important." He insisted, narrowing his eyes at Marie.

Just by the look on his face, Marie knew it was something that had to involve Kathy. It was the only time Charlie ever wanted to speak to her alone.

  Marie slowly turned to Harry, who was giving them both questioning looks. "I'll be right back," She whispered to Harry, a small smile on her face.

Harry frowned and just as he was about to complain, Marie and Charlie had already walked away together.

"Since when do they spend time together?" Harry muttered under his breath. He scoffed loudly, just before walking away in the opposite direction.

Once Harry was out of sight, Marie turned to Charlie, an annoyed look on her face. "Harry won't be happy about you whisking me away from him. It must be important for you to do such a thing, especially in front of him. What is it?"

"It's about Kathy," Charlie replied and Marie sighed as she stopped walking.

She turned to face him, a knowing look on her face. "It's always about Kathy when it involves you, isn't it?"

"She's avoiding me," Charlie responded in a frustrated tone, "Why?"

"She's going through some things. It would be wise of you to keep your distance from her for the time being," Marie explained in a calm tone and Charlie furrowed her eyebrows at her in confusion.

"Is this about her getting sick?" Charlie asked, frowning at her.

Marie scoffed loudly, rolling her eyes at the young man. "You're a bloody fool, Charlie," She snapped at him coldly and Charlie stared at her in confusion, "Perhaps if you weren't, Kathy wouldn't be keeping her distance. Grow up already and realize what you both have with each other will never end well for either of you, especially when Harry is to be king one day."