20

BLOODLINES
— 20. History Repeating

 History Repeating

Knowing that by then, Harry had been told to return to the castle, Marie found herself standing in front of an oak tree. She knew that soon enough, Harry would riding down that dirt road. After all, it was the only road that went all the way to the North.

Marie smiled softly as she glanced around, recalling a story Nora had told her about the day she had seen Edward for the first time after their first meeting at the Battle of Towton. She wondered if she were near there. After all, she wasn't far from York and that was where the battle had occurred.

Little did she knew that was the exact same road and place Nora had been standing at when Edward had ridden up to her.

Suddenly, hearing some horses gallop, Marie straightened her back up and pushed herself off of leaning against the large oak tree.

She squinted her eyes, smiling when she saw it was Harry riding in her direction with Charlie and a few Tudor guards.

"Halt!" Harry shouted at he lifted his arm, gesturing for the men with him to stop.

They were quick to stop and as they did so, Harry continued to ride forward, smiling at the sight of Marie. He rode straight toward Marie, who was standing at the large oak tree, looking beautiful as ever.

Marie took a deep breath, trying to hide how anxious and nervous she was as she laid eyes upon him for the first time in more than a month.

  Harry stopped his horse when he was in front of her. One of his guards rode forward, stopping right beside Harry. "Your Grace?" He called out and Harry ignored him, continuing to look directly at Marie, "Now? Really? They are expecting us back at the castle by tonight."

Harry continued to ignore the man as he took a brief glance at Marie, his lips curling upwards into a smirk.

She began to blush at the way he looked at her and looked down at the ground, avoiding eye contact with him.

Harry swiftly climbed off his horse and wasted no time walking toward Marie, who looked down at the ground.

He stopped when he was standing in front of Marie and smiled at the sight of her. It was good to see her again.

Before Harry could react, Marie fell into a kneel before him as she stared up at him nervously. "God save the king," She spoke up uneasily and Harry began to frown in concern.

"What is this, Marie?" Harry asked the girl, a concerned look on his face.

"Your father passed into God's mercy, Your Grace," Marie replied in a sympathetic tone, "I am sorry for your loss."

Harry's eyes widened, shocked by the revelation.

"God save the king," His men began to speak up, kneeling before their new king.