45

BLOODLINES
— 45.  It All Fell Down

  Marie and Edward ended up taking little Edward and Nora with them to court

  Marie and Edward ended up taking little Edward and Nora with them to court. After sending their two eldest children together off to bed, Marie and Edward returned to their own chambers together.

After closing the door to their chambers, Edward moved toward Marie, who was smiling at him. He cupped her face in his hands, kissing her passionately.

Slowly, he pulled away and Marie frowned, wondering why he had stopped. Just then, he lifted her off the ground, causing Marie to laugh as he carried her over to the bed. She was already in her nightgown, which made it easy for her just slip it off her body. She laid down on the bed, entirely naked. She smiled, watching her husband remove his own clothes.

"Enjoying the sight?" Edward asked, noticing the look on her face.

"You have no idea," Marie replied, causing them both to laugh as Edward climbed onto the bed.

He moved over to her, pulling her toward him before he kissed her once more.

An hour later, Marie and Edward laid in bed together. Marie had her head rested on his chest, the two of them entirely naked. "I fear you have become someone I cannot imagine living without," Edward confessed, causing Marie to turn to him with a curious look on her face, "Life without you feels like darkness and I do not wish to ever experience that."

"Fear no more. I will always be here, I promise. Now and always," Marie assured him, turning onto her stomach. She rested her chest on his stomach, looking into his eyes, "You are my home, Edward. My one love."

Edward smiled, placing a hand on the side of her face. "You are mine," He replied, causing Marie to smile as he affectionately stroked her cheek, "And when the day comes where we are forced to part, just know, if my last words are not I love you, it was only because I didn't have time to say it."

"I'm pregnant again," Marie suddenly revealed, causing Edward's eyes to light up at the thought.

"What?" Edward asked, beginning to laugh, "Again? It's only been two months since Charlie's birth."

"Yes, I know. It's quite irritating, really. I can't remember the last time I spent more than nine months without a child in my belly," Marie replied, causing them both to laugh, "Though it makes me happy to think about giving you another child."

"We must take precautions after this one," Edward suddenly spoke up, causing Marie to turn and frown, "We have seven children together, Marie. Seven, and you're not even thirty yet. This will be your eighth child. If you're not careful, there could be complications."

"Nora had seven children," Marie pointed out with a smile on her face.

"Nora had her first child at eighteen and her last at thirty-six. Even then, the last birth, the birth of Princess Katherine and Prince Edmund, nearly killed her," He reminded her and Marie sighed, nodding her head since he knew he had a point.