Chapter 2

A club.

We got in the car, and she drove me to a club. This wasn't really what I expected, but then again, I don't really know what I expected.

"A club? Really?" I ask, unable to look away from the building in front of me. The bright red sign read Fantasy Island. People were already flooding through the doors.

"There are a million hot, single guys in a club." She said, grinning. "You have a high chance of finding your mate here." I roll my eyes and look out the window at all the people walking up. I highly doubt that I will find the person I am meant to be in a club filled with drunk people grinding against everyone. I don't even want to find my mate. But I will enjoy this and party like there is no tomorrow.

"I'm not even trying to find my mate. I'm just going to have a good time and celebrate." I say, opening the car door. I am looking incredibly sexy right now, and I'm not going to let this outfit and all this makeup go to waste.

"Wait!" She says, stopping me. I look at her, and she fixes a stray piece of hair that wanders in front of my face. "Perfect." She grins. Mattie is holding her hands out before her body, admiring her masterpiece. I stare at her for a second, kinda nervous, before getting out of the car. Madison is fast to get out of the car because a second later, she already has her arm looped through mine. We walk towards the entrance, and the guard puts his hand out to stop us.

"Madison." The guard smiles, looking at Madison then he looks at me. Mattie has been here several times, and I'm shocked that she's never brought me here. It kinda takes me aback that she's on a first-name basis with this gigantic, beefy guard.

"Gerard." Madison smiles back and starts a conversation, "How's Ellen?" Gerard let another group of 6 or so go in before answering.

"She's fine. Has her hands full with little Carla." His accent is thick as he speaks, and he shrugs as he lets a few more people go through.

"That's good. Hey, do you think we can get in?" She asks, looking at the line next to us.

Gerard nods slowly and pulls the red rope back, letting us through. We walk through a small dark hallway, and I turn to face Madison. "What was that back there? You know the bouncer?"

"Oh, that was nothing." She smiles with a wave of her hand, "Gerard is a friend of the family."

Before I could reply, the foul, mixed stench of alcohol, vomit, and sweat filled my senses. Mattie grabs my arm, and we walk through dark, velvety drapes leading into the club. Madison takes in an exaggerated sniff and exhales, "Aww, home." I wonder how many times she's been here.

People are grinding all over each other, making out, going into hallways most likely leading to single rooms, and stumbling over each other. Madison drags me to the bar, waving down the bartender before we even got to the counter. Once the hot bartender made his way to us, Madison ordered us a couple drinks. He assembles the drinks and hands me a bright, neon blue drink. I feel confident enough and shoot him a wink which he smirks at.

"What's your name?" I ask the bartender. He's shaking a cocktail shaker and pours the contents into a glass.

"Leo. What's yours?" He asks, smiling. He slides the drink to a customer and starts grabbing more alcohol for another drink.

"Alison." I bring the straw up to my lips and sip my drink. "Well, Leo, do you want to dance with me?" I grin.

"I would, but I'm the only bartender here. Maybe when the next bartender comes in, I'll come find you on the floor." He says, leaning on the counter. Even in this lighting, I can see how gorgeous his eyes are.