𝗶𝗶. 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘀

*ೃ:

*ೃ:.✧ ─── ( 𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙙𝙚 𝙩𝙬𝙤 )
❛ I'M FUCKING INSANE ❜
⌣*ೃ:.✧✼°․⋆⌣
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝗺𝗮𝘆 𝟮𝟴 , 𝟭𝟵𝟲𝟰

     THE NEXT DAY, evelyn entered the bar she and larry kane decided to meet in after work. he was a news broadcaster who was now living in philadelphia. growing up, larry lived only a few nieghborhoods away from evelyn in brooklyn. their parents went to high school together so they saw each other often. in 1959, larry used his connections in the news industry to get evelyn a job at times, and boy did she love it.

     she looked around the room filled with men drinking away their stress from a long day of work until her eyes landed on her old friend sitting a booth near the back. "evelyn, dear!" he greeted, bringing her into an embrace. "how've ya been"

     "i'm well, larry." she smiled pulling away. "how about you?" they sat down and she grabbed a napkin and placed it in her lap.

     "oh same old same old. donna says 'hi'. she's been taking the feminist classes you suggested for her and she loves 'em." larry explained, referring to his wife.

evelyn noticed how larry's brooklyn accent was almost gone entirely. going into journaling and broadcasting, their peers told them to lose their accents, so evelyn took a speech class in high school to sound more 'poshe' and 'professional'. it definitely worked.

larry, on the other hand, refused to lose his accent and change a part of him but over the years, it seemed more and more people were going to speech classes and he eventually gave in.

     "i'm glad to hear." she said with the upmost elegance. that was the thing about evelyn. every word she said, every move she made, no matter how loud or how big, she was always so graceful.

     larry opened his blazer to take out a lighter and a pack of cigarettes from the inside pocket. "would you like one?"

     "that'd be great." she nodded, watching him light the cigarette and hand it to her. she took a drag and sighed happily as she inhaled the smoke.

     "and any news from lewis, if you don't mind me askin'?" larry inquired curiously.

     "i wrote to him about two months ago. you know after all this time, i think it's still been difficult for him to adjust being back home. oh, but he has journaling to keep him busy."

     lewis returned from the army a year ago and was inspired by evelyn's successful career that he too took an interest in her profession.

     "much like you do . . ." larry implied to the beatles tour she was offered to document. he was going to broadcast it and was elated to find his friend had the opportunity to join him as well.