𝘅𝗹𝗶𝘅. 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸𝘀𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴

*ೃ:

*ೃ:.✧ ─── ( 𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙙𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚 )
❛ THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM ❜
⌣*ೃ:.✧✼°․⋆⌣
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝗻𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟲, 𝟭𝟵𝟲𝟰

"DO WE HAVE to do this?" evelyn whined as paul took her by the hand and up the stairs of the brooklyn townhouse she never thought she'd see again.

"it's not too late to turn back around ya know." she pointed.

"well i can do some more convincing but i don't wanna be late," he smirked mischievously.

just as paul raised his hand to knock on the door, evelyn began hyperventilating. "oh god, i can't do this."

paul instantly placed his hand on her upper arms comfortingly, trying to soothe her worries. "shhhh. focus on my voice."

but evelyn had a right to be anxious, for she was standing in front of her childhood home where the entire fox family was gathered just on the other side of the door.

the only reason paul and evelyn knew of the foxes' thanksgiving dinner was because priscilla had called to invite the couple, and unfortunately for evelyn, she wasn't home before paul had answered the phone.

he was keen on meeting evelyn's parents as it was a ceremonial ritual in any relationship. that, and also the fact that he was curious about her upbringing considering she rarely talked about it.

and, of course, evelyn couldn't say no to his big doe eyes, and his long eyelashes, and his crooked teeth, and his faint freckles, and his charm and etc.

in the two days leading up to this date, evelyn tirelessly prepared herself for when she finally came face to face with her family again.

and though she told herself to not expect any warm welcomes, and to stay strong for paul's sake, she didn't realize just how much she was actually afraid.

evelyn fox being afraid? nonsense — but then again, these were the same people who mentally manipulated her for eighteen years at least.

who didn't bother to give her their condolences when bobby passed. who never supported her ambitions. who left her paranoid and concerned with what others thought of her.

who convinced her she wasn't worthy of love.

she tried to ignore the front door seemingly closing in on her, and focused on paul's embrace. "it's gonna be okay."

it amazed evelyn every time his voice, his face, and even his presence brought her serenity. her breathing slowed and she calmed down, reminding herself to hold her head high.