𝘅𝘃. 𝗮𝘄𝗳𝘂𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝘀𝗰𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗮𝗹𝗼𝘂𝘀

*ೃ:

*ೃ:.✧ ─── ( 𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙙𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 )
❛ DONNA THE PRIMA DONNA ❜
⌣*ೃ:.✧✼°․⋆⌣
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝗮𝘂𝗴𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝟭𝟰, 𝟭𝟵𝟲𝟰

     EVELYN AND LEWIS walked side by side up the stairs to her apartment, after he gave her a ride home from work. they had been spending more and more time together, and being with lewis always brought a smile to evelyn's face. he was the closest thing she had to her fiance. their familiarity was relieving as they reminisced the good old days before they had a clear understanding of what darkness truly felt like.

      "you seriously didn't have to walk me to my apartment. i've made the trip alone dozens of times," she said through a laugh, digging for her key in her purse.

"i just worry, you know." she did know. coming home from war without your best friend couldn't be easy for anyone.

     it had made lewis not only protective, but needy. the once independent, charismatic man was now the exact opposite. evelyn wasn't the only person changed by bobby's death.

"well, since you're here, would you like to come in for some tea? i think there's also a new andy griffith episode on tonight if you'd like to stay a little longer." she offered, hoping it would raise his spirits. they looked after one another now.

"still a griffith girl, huh? bobby used to get so jealous." lewis chuckled as he remembered bobby asking him what he didn't have that andy griffth did. the older man watched evelyn insert her key into the lock so effortlessly and gracefully like she did everything.

      he couldn't see a reason why bobby shouldn't have fallen for her. "i'm starting to know how he felt . . ."

evelyn briefly stopped what she was doing, uncertain about the nature of lewis's comment. he had made several unusual statements towards her lately and she didn't know how to interpret them. "come on." she said, playfully rolling her eyes and unlocking her door.

she smiled as she hung her coat up and set her purse down. she was about to offer to take lewis's coat but he seemed paralyzed, his feet planted on the ground. evelyn followed his awestruck gaze in the direction of a scouse man sitting at her kitchen table.

"paul!" she jumped. it just occurred to her now that she never told lewis paul was in town. quite frankly, she had no urge to tell anyone.