On the Run

S.D, Lycanthropy, I have a request.

Oh? What is it?

Have you ever heard about Angels?

Yeah, they're like these weird bird human things that live in the clouds, right?

Precisely.

They're just storybook creatures. They're not real.

What if I told you they were?

Pff- Hey old man, are you sure it wasn't just a huge bird you saw?

Haha- yeah, Angels- Angels aren't real, they're just fiction. Must've been a bird.

No, I mean I have talked to, interacted and seen Angels face-to-face. I am not lying.

Still though- Why do you ask?

On the off-chance that you ever do find an angel- take it back to the tower. Immediately.

Why?

There's someone I want to see. Someone I haven't seen for a long, long time. I believe an angel would be able to take me to him.

Who is this dude?

None of your business, my point is- I want an Angel. Got it?

Yeah, sure old man

...

...Sure. We'll get you your angel. If they even exist, that is.

Alright. Thanks.

--------------------------------

Mountain ranges, ???? hours

Once you get past a certain altitude- you stop finding human settlements.

That's not to say that all life forms cease to exist once you get too high, though. Certainly, up high on the tallest peaks of paradise, there is a cave. Not just any cave, a cave with a sole inhabitant. Isolated away from the rest of the world- a figure stirs in her warm nest.

It was shaped quite literally like a real bird's nest, a rather large bowl of twigs and cloth and leaves and cushions and blankets and a tiny little stuffed bird plushie. It was a good insulator, although it took a little while it kept you warm in the horrendous winter months. Especially at this altitude.

As the morning (or what could be assumed to be morning) arrived, the rather large shape that called this little nest its bed sat up, blinking away what was left of the sleepiness from the night before. Throwing off the layers of blankets obscuring her body, the figure let out a loud yawn, before reaching her arms above her body, stretching towards the sky.

Though, something else straightened alongside her arms. Something else that no human should have-

And that was a single, long, feathered wing attached to the back of her torso.

———————————

Tower, 1050 hours

"You want to go out on a walk with me?" Barracuda cocked her eyebrows up at the request presented to her, wondering about the true motives behind it. "Why?"

"I dunno, I just wanna. That's all." S.D replied, stuffing her hands in her pockets and smiling, leaning forward with a smile on her face. "You seem like a pretty interesting character, and the only other girl around here."

"Why not go with Fresh or Lycanthropy?"

"Bah, Fresh's off somewhere I don't care about, can't find him while Lycan's running around doing his own thing. You seem unoccupied. Wanna join me?"