Chapter 29

Aria walked through the forest, not knowing where she is or where she's going, just away from Ninjago. The forest seemed to be getting more bare as she went, less green grass and trees.

"I guess Lloyd's powers wouldn't be very strong over here" Aria said to herself "the area has a lifeless look to it"

All of a sudden Aria ran into something "ok ow" she looked forward but their was nothing there "..their's got to be something" Aria put her hand out and when she touched it, it created a hole through what looked like a barrier.

Aria curiously stepped in and saw a village, the barrier was just so nobody could get in, and yet somehow she was able to create a hole through it. It's not a coincidence, this hidden village has something to do with her and she thinks she knows what it is.

"The village hidden in the shadows also known as the shadowlands" Aria said to herself "this is the area of Ninjago stained in darkness, meaning those who live here now are followers of my father"

Aria made her way over to the village, as she walked around she saw many people, and this was just one village. People stopped and stared at her, like they knew who she was.

"It's the princess"

"You mean the new lord"

"Where are the guards"

"Call the royal guards"

Moments later Aria heard the ringing of a bell. Someone came up to her, it was a boy maybe 18 or 19, he had blonde hair and blue eyes. He wore a strange looking white suite.

 He wore a strange looking white suite

The boy bowed "Your highness"

"So you know who I am?" Aria questioned "good then that takes care of half, who are you?"

"I am Hanabusa, I'm one of the royal guards, an elite force created by your father"  the boy Hanabusa replied "I should bring you to the palace where you can talk with the captain"

"Alright, lead the way" Aria says

-

The castle was what you would expect from a dark Lord, not scary at all, it was actually quite nice. Aria suspected this might be the castle she lived in as a baby, before her parents died. Hanabusa brought her into a room where others where that wore the same white uniform as him. They walked up to another boy probably 20 or 21, with brown hair.

 They walked up to another boy probably 20 or 21, with brown hair

"Kaname I've brought the princess here" Hanabusa says happily

"thank you" the boy Kaname says then looks at Aria "Welcome home your highness"

"You know I actually found this place by mistake, I have no idea where I actually am" Aria admitted

"This is the kingdom of shadows, it is the Overlord's domain, which you now rule" Kaname informs her "like a normal hierarchy your father was the king or Overlord, you are the princess and with his death you take over. We are your royal guard and we will carry out your orders without question"

"That's one thing I'd never get, loyalty" Aria comments

"Your father was the one who gave us these powers we have and you can just as easily end our lives if we betray you" Kaname tells her

"I don't kill people" Aria says

"You must learn, being evil and doing what's right has a very thin line between it your highness" Kaname sighs "killing someone doesn't make you evil if you're doing it for the right reason, if a killer had to be stopped a life for a life is fair"

"...fair enough" Aria agreed

"I am the captain of the guard and your regent" Kaname tells her

"You're my regent?" Aria questioned "you mean like the person who carries out my orders for me and watches over the kingdom while I'm away?"

"Yes your highness" Kaname answers "and Hanabusa is your attendant"

"So your highness I will bring you to your room to rest" Hanabusa says "Before you leave for Ninjago again we have some matters to discuss with you"

"How did you know I live.. nevermind" Aria shakes her head

Hanabusa leads her up the stairs and through some hallways before arriving at a big room.

"Don't you guys ever get jealous of the royalty?" Aria questioned

"Not really, all of us have rooms as big as this in the castle and as you saw in the village the houses are quite big" Hanabusa replies "Your father was fair to his followers/villagers and gave us quite a lot actually"

"What kind of powers do the guards have?" Aria asks curiously

"Well if you know anything about vampires that's who we are" Hanabusa replies "We're vampires created by the Overlord to protect the royal family and the kingdom"

"...so do you guys suck blood too?" Aria questions

"We can and we could but we use blood substitutes" Hanabusa tells her, he chuckles and pats her head "get some sleep princess, we have work to do tomorrow. Their's nightgowns and other clothes in the closet"

"Thanks Hanabusa" Aria smiles

He smiles as well "of course" with that he leaves the room

Aria changes into a nightgown and lays in bed looking up at the ceiling "I hope the ninja are all ok"