Chapter 14

Leah POV

Despite having my own room, ever since I've come here to this camp, I slept with Jamie. Almost losing him scared me and with him around, it was a reassurance that we are truly fine now.

As the morning sun shone through the room, I rubbed my eyes and decided to wake up for the day. Hugging my arm, Jamie was sleeping beside me soundly with no care in the world.

As I got up, I looked around the room to find a hunched figure. Frightened, I knew I couldn't call anyone. I'm not even sure who it was or how they came into this room.

Taking the wooden broom that laid under the bed, I slowly approached the figure. Before I could figure out who it was, they started moving and in panic I immediately walked them again and again.

"Shit stop. Ahh, Leah. It's me Dylan!"

"Oh my. I'm so sorry, I thought you were someone else."

Once I stopped hitting him, I noticed a bruise forming on his jaw. Grabbing his face, I turned to look at it.

"I'm so sorry, hold on a second. I'll get ice for it"

"Leah it's fine. It's a tiny bruise."

Reading his facial expression and making sure he is truly fine, I agreed.

"What are you doing in our room? You looked like you were sleeping on the floor."

"I was just coming through here when I noticed your room and saw you."

I put an end to his blabbering. Clearly he was lying about something.

"Dylan why are you really here? And what is that god awful smell? It smells allay like alcohol. Were you drunk?"

"Look Leah don't get mad. I wasn't drunk, I just had a few glasses. If anything I was a bit tipsy really."

"Well then if you weren't drunk you should know why you decided to come to this room last night?"

"I was just walking by and decided to check in on Jamie and you."

Realizing that the only response I'll get for now is this, I decided to let go of the topic.

Grabbing his head, he tried to sooth the pain of a hangover but seemed to tamil miserably. Clearly his body is aching from sleeping on the wooden chair all night.

"I'll be right back. Sit in the empty bed."

"Wait Leah, why?"

Before I could reply back, I left the room and went to the kitchen to grab some ingredients. I remember my father and mother and a famous hangover cure. As disgusting as it was it always seemed to help them.

"Finally, are you back Leah?"

Dylan called out quietly, probably for the splitting headache he has and not wanting to wake up Jamie.

"Close your nose and drink this in one gulp" I said pointing to the cup filled with a raw egg.

"I'm not drinking that. It's disgusting."

"Well then, if you rather spend the whole day unproductive and with a splitting headache, be my guest."

I couldn't believe I was treating a Sergeant the same as my ten year old brother. Knowing their similarity in personality I hope this would have convinced him to drink the glass of egg.

Begrudgingly he plucked his nose and drank it in one gulp. Shudders went down my body in disgust as I read his facial expression.

Knowing the pounding in his head won't stop immediately I decided to give him a head massage.

"What are you doing?"

"The egg won't help immediately. Just let me massage your head. It'll be fine in a few minutes."

As I approached him his eyes gave me approval. My fingers did their magic and soon he sighed out in comfort. As he made that noise butterflies seemed to stripes in my stomach.

When I looked down at him again, I noticed his eyes lingering in my chest that laid eye level for him.

"Eyes up here buddy."

Smiling sheepishly like a kid who stole candy, he gave me a cute look with his face. He looked so innocent. My thoughts were interrupted by his next words.

"Well you were the one who told me to wait for you in the bed."

Just like that my thoughts of him ever having a child like innocence disappeared.

Stopping my massage, I laid my hands on my hips and gave him a look, as I took a step back.

"Didn't you say I was like a sister to you, during our last conversation."

"You and I both know that I wasn't thinking. Our feelings for each other is nothing platonic."

As he stood up and said those words my breath hitches. He approached me like a predator approaching his prey.

As I walked behind I got trapped between a wall and his body. I looked up to see him looking down. My eyes wandered down to his lips, as his did to mine.

Cupping my face, he slowly descended his face towards mine. I always thought my first kiss to be magical, and it was.

As his soft plump lips met my own, sparks erupted. The kiss was slow and sensual, nothing of how I imagined him to be.

Before our kiss could escalate, Dylan finally took a step back. His thumb brushed along my now bruised bottom lip.

"Your so beautiful, love. That was the best kiss I've ever had."

It was as if the kiss took all my powers to speak. I had a thousand things to say to him, but all I could do was nod.

"Did you like it, mia cara?"

"It was magical. It was what I expected."

Immediately I blushed at admitting the truth of my feelings for him.

"Well, it was just as I thought our first kiss will be like. Maybe even better."

He whispered into my ear. Our moment was cut off by a cough. As we turned around, we saw an awakened Jamie, looking at us with a megawatt smile.

I'm sure by now both Dylan and I looked as red as a tomato. Immediately, I hid my face into Dylan's toned chest as his chuckles vibrated through his body.

"Oh god. How much of that did you see Jamie?"

I groaned. I was really hoping he didn't see us kiss.

"Well I woke up to a weird noise, just to see you step away from Dylan with your hands on your hip. When you did that it usually means someone is in trouble, so I stayed in bed and didn't want to face your anger"

As he said this I turned redder in embarrassment as Dylan laughed full heartedly. It was the most beautiful noise I've ever heard. Before I can get control of these mushy emotions, Jamie began stating his observations again.

"Next I saw you guys walking and then Dylan and you kiss."

"Ahh, the kiss was truly magical. Thank you for staying quiet. I'm sure if you woke up, your sister would have snapped out of my spells."

I smacked my hand on Dylan's chest as he grabbed it and brought me closer to him. We looked at each other in the eye before a voice interrupted us.

"Eww, stop being all lovey dovey. That's my sister you were kissing."

Just to tease Jamie even more, Dylan gave me a short kiss with a smack noise as my innocent little brother made gag noises and closed his eyes.

With that we all laughed around and decided to get ready for the day.