Chapter 36

Dylan POV

I've never hesitated to go to war, in fact at times I looked forward to going to battle because I felt that I could be useful and help change at least a person's life.

For the first time, I yearn to go back home, with my wife, brother, and unborn child. I want to leave this war and go back to America.

I haven't told Leah this yet, but along with the letter for her to leave this country, I've also written a resignation letter which will take place after I come back from this mission.

I know how worried she is of my well being and I want to be the best man I can for my family. A good husband, brother, and father. It's not like I loved my job, so maybe after I quit I can start something new.

These past few months have been surreal; meeting and marrying the love of my life, finding out about my long lost brother, becoming a father, and reviving my memories.

"Dylan."

"Come in."

I look up to see my two best men, John and Kennedy open the door to my office and walk in. From the looks in their faces, it was evident that they bring important news.

"What did you find?"

"Sarge, I think we found the rat. We found a letter with the meeting place. It's today at six in the evening."

"And you found this letter today."

"No, actually we found out by an unknown person entering the camp's territory. I saw a note in it, which said the information."

"Hmm. Let everything proceed as normal today. At half past five, you both take a Jeep and I'll take one separately to the place. I'll leave ten minutes early. This way we should be there in time and can have the advantage of time.

"Isn't that dangerous. We might get separated."

"It'll be suspicious if all three of us go together in one Jeep at the same time."

"No, you go with Ken, I'll go alone. You're the Sergeant, people will be suspicious if you go alone. If you two go together it will seem like a normal ride."

As much as I wanted to defy John's words, I knew he was speaking the truth. The Sargeant's activity will be monitored more thoroughly and this way, the chances of us getting caught will decrease.

"Promise me you will arrive safely. Bring extra weapons just in case and keep your radio on at all times. Do I make myself clear, John."

"Yes, Sarge."

As close as friends we were, when it's time to risk our lives, I'll get uptight. They need to know the seriousness and consequence of missions at war.

"Kennedy, I want you to see the exit chart at the main entrance. John, I want you to rotate around each possible exit to find and report anyone who has left the premises."

"Alright, but we need someone to pack the weapons and change the plans."

"I'll be doing that. I'll make sure our schedule doesn't mess with anyone else's. I'll also come up with a plan which we will discuss at four. We only have three hours, let's go."

As soon as I said those words, John and Ken went to do their assigned tasks as I took the map out for the meeting place. I found some good hiding places and came up with a plan to capture the traitor.

Just the thought of him boiled my blood. This war could've ended weeks or even months ago if it wasn't for that traitor. I could have been back home with my family, along with the other men.