Chapter 35

Leah POV

It's been a little over a month since the doctor informed us of our pregnancy. Dylan has been extra overprotective of me and almost like a shadow. I'm in awe of his caring attitude, but after a certain point I want him to shoo away.

Just two weeks ago I finally had the tiniest bump, but Dylan was over the moon. He held it in his hands as if it's the most precious thing in the world and I cried at that sight.

Every morning Dylan wakes up and kisses my bump while saying sweet words. Every night he kisses my bump a good night before talking about his day.

I told him how the baby can't hear him just yet, but he insists on continuing it. I guess this might be the only interaction he will ever have with our child, before it's time to part. Moreover, wars can have unpredictable outcomes and we always have to prepare for the worst.

Dylan's men worry problems have been solved and he's back to working hard again. His relationship with Jamie became stronger and they share special moments of talking about their parents. The bond they have is something special, reminding me of my sister.

Wiping the tears escaping my eyes, I go in search of my husband. Being three months pregnant, we have just reached the safe zone of the pregnancy and decided to tell Jamie, John, and Kennedy soon.

The traitor has not been caught yet and Dylan's anxious if this information gets out. It can cause me to be a prime target, as Dylan will do everything to ensure the safety of his wife and child.

Opening his office door, Dylan's writing a mail ferociously, while reading some other documents. For the past couple weeks he's been working overtime. The stress lines on his forehead and bags under his eyes have become visible overtime.

"You shouldn't be working too much. I'm sure an afternoon nap won't affect your work too much."

"Hey love, come here."

Completely ignoring my statement, I walk up to my stubborn husband and sit on his lap. I run my fingers through his thick mane of dark hair as he closes his eyes and lets out a sigh of pleasure.

"The work should be finished now. It's been months since our wedding and we've still found nothing of the traitor. Our only opportunity slipped through our fingers."

"When you find him, you need to be at your best. In other words, you can't be sleepy and disoriented."

Humming a response I feel his body relax as his arm around my waist loosens.

"How are you and the little bean feeling?"

"Now that the morning sickness stage has passed, I finally feel normal. Although, I hate the looks you give me when I ask for my food."

"You put apple pieces on top of a can of beans! How do you expect me to look?"

"It tasted really good. It's a pity you didn't want to try it. The crunch those tiny apple pieces gave, while giving a fruity taste to the bland beans."

Shaking his head at my bizarre remark and trying to not look ill, Dylan begins to read papers again. Holding his hand, I put it down before forcing him to relax.

"This work can't wait."

"Well I'm sure I can help with it."

"It's confidential information."

"I'm your wife."

"Leah..."

He groans and I look at the paper as I freeze in place. In bold words the top part of the letter is written, Warbride marriage deportation 2 personnel; twenty three pregnant female, name Leah Romano and twelve year old male, name Jamie DeMarco. Wife and brother in law of Sergeant Dylan Lucas Romano. EXPECTING TO LAND IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IN ONE MONTH PERIOD.