Chapter 23

Leah POV

I woke up patting by my side to feel my human pillow, except all I felt was an empty bed. I looked at the time to see it was quarter past six and decided to go in search of my love.

Squinting my eyes at the bright sun as it rose, I looked around our room to find nothing. Deciding that he was either training or in his office, I decided to check the more probable option; the gym.

I walked down the hall, to find a couple figures working out, none of which were my boyfriend. A chill went down my spine as I felt the cool gust of morning wind rushing past me. Huffing, I went towards his office on the opposite side of the camp.

I opened the office door and say his large frame reading some papers.

"Dylan?"

I groaned, rubbing my eyes, as the tiredness didn't leave my body. He saw me and opened his arms to me, signing I should sit in his lap.

I adly walked over and cuddled into his large warm body. Which was much needed after that gust of cold wind. I sighed quietly and felt myself drifting off to sleep.

"Leah?"

"Hmm"

"What the matter? Why did you come here?"

"I should be asking you that. What are you doing in your office quarter past six? You should be sleeping, for god sake."

Saying that took too much of my energy as I yawned and I tugged myself into his body. I guess Dykan thought that I fell asleep, so he continued working, ignoring my question.

"Dylan, answer me."

"You're still awake?"

"You and I both know you knew I was awake. Once I wake up, I may get tired but I won't go back to sleep."

He sighed tiredly, before running his forehead with his hands. I became more alert, as I was worried something was wrong.

"Dylan, you're scaring me. What's the matter? Is it about the traitor?"

"No, it is not that. Don't get mad at me, I just want you and Jamie to be safe."

He cupped my face as he said it and now I was wide awake. I looked into his eyes, hoping for an answer, but found nothing.

"Leah, will you marry me?"

I froze on his lap, forgetting how to breath or even blink. Did he just ask me to marry him. As in to be his wife.

"What.. I"

No words came out of my mouth as I stuttered.

"I understand if your not ready, and I'll wait an eternity for you-"

"Yes, Yes. I'll marry you!"

All my tiredness vanished as I kept in his lap and hugged him tight. Tears filled both our eyes as we kissed with passion and love.

His hands roamed around my body and I took of his shirtl and out my bare hands on his bare chest. I was ready to give myself to the man I love. Just as I was going to take my shirt off, his hand stoped me.

"We waited this long, I want you to wait until we're married. I love you, Leah."

I nodded in agreement, as I said those same words back to him.

"I'm just curious. Why did you suddenly ask to marry me? Like at this moment?"

" I've been thinking about it for a while, but when I read this letter this morning, I knew I wanted you as my wife."