Chapter 28

Leah POV

I wanted to spend every second with Dylan, knowing we would part in six months. The hopeful part of me knows Dylan will return, but the logical part knew he might never come back.

As the Sergeant, Dylan has a lot of paperwork to catch up on, after nearly a day had been dedicated for our wedding.

With Jamie somewhere in the camp with Max, I get quite bored, usually reading a book or watching a movie. That is until I decided on a drawing project.

I have our wedding ring, in memory of Dylan, but due to the outcome of the war I couldn't get him a ring. I wanted him to have something remixed of both Jamie and I, his family.

I had just finished painting the general background, when I heard the door open. I turn around to see my handsome husband.

Wrapping my arms around his neck, I give him a peck after kissing him for so long. It has only been a few hours but it felt like a few years.

He curiously peeks at my drawing, but lucky for me I flip it upside down.

"What were you drawing?"

"That's for me to know, and you to find out. You'll find out when the right time comes."

"Mhmm. I'm excited for it. Although you should know I'm not a very patient man."

"Well that's going to be tough."

He gives a hearty laugh and I'm merely mesmerized. Since the knowing of a traitor among us, he's been really stressed out. Seeing him laugh so carelessly, even for a mere second made me more than happy.

"What, Leah?"

"Your laugh is beautiful. Instead of looking so grumpy all the time, you should smile more."

As the joker he is, he stops smiling and gives me his signature grumpy look, fighting the smile at my dismissal response.

I reach for his face and use my fingers to create a smile from the ends of his lips. He looks quite funny, rather than handsome at this point.

Before I can react, he plops one of my fingers in his mouth, and swirls his tongue around it while looking at me lustfully.

A soft moan emits from me and hearing that as a command, my love crashes just lips onto mine. I missed the warmth of his body, as he treated mine like a temple.

As if reading my mind, our clothes soon disappear in the room as our bodies collide with each other. I tiredly opened my eyes, and the look he gave me made me believe we were going to go for another round.

He quickly checks the time, before swearing profoundly and grabbing his clothes. Still in a tired and lust daze, I give him a look of confusion.

"What's the rush about, Dylan?"

"I got a meeting with all my men in two minutes. I love you, I'll see you in an hour, love."

He gives me a quick peck on the lips and rushes out the door. I say a quiet goodbye to his long gone figure and decide to get dressed as well.

I'm sure the men assigned to cook will need help or to at least clean for dinner. I checked on Jamie, seeing that he's still surprisingly playing catch with the other dogs including Max. I decide to let him be, before heading down to the cafeteria.

I go to the kitchen to see the hallways are empty of men and so is the kitchen. I knew Dylan had a meeting right now, but I didn't realize it would include all his men at once. Deciding to check why the issue is, I decided to go to their meeting place.