Chapter 57

"Can we see?"

"On my way."

Prince Ire laughed at Ara's response. He already knew Ara was whining him. It was late and he knew she wouldn't even step out from where she was. When he left Derin, he went straight to his house at Lekki to rest. He had been ignoring his mom's call and he wondered how mothers never give up. Despite not picking, his mom kept calling, texting and texting. Prince Ire knew what he would hear. To come home and plead with his father. What he never did. To plead was not the problem, but he was afraid of what his Dad might say.

Prince Ire smiled as he returned Ara's text. 'Babe common. Don't joke with me. I want to see you.'

His response came quickly. 'Lol. Thought you would believe my last text. Your mumu head is too sharp. Come but no strolling today. I'm washing late night cause I have a shoot tomorrow.' 

Prince Ire laughed reading Ara's response. The way she talked to him at times made him laugh restlessly. She would just reply bluntly and straight to the point. For some minutes, he was consumed by his feelings and the thoughts running through his mind. He couldn't believe he tried his best to avoid what was happening. He tried to ignore, act cool, and hope he would get over his feelings for her, but no. It grew to the point that Ara had taken a permanent place in his heart. The way he had come to love her, adore her, admire her and cherish her surprised him beyond his own power. He smiled at himself and finally remembered he was yet to reply her. He began to type. 'My golden opportunity to learn how to wash. On my way. Is the washing machine two?'

His reply came and Prince Ire couldn't help laughing reading it over again. 'You will branch pharmacy. What am I even saying, we will buy paracetamol cause mama Aramade no get washing machine.'

Prince Ire laughed and laughed alone. He couldn't believe how he got to this point, but it was always fun with Aramade. He found a black t-shirt and put it on. Minimizing what he was doing on his phone, he searched for the Jumia app on his phone. Clicked on it and search for washing machine. He clicked on the exact one he bought for himself, put Aramade's address and completed the whole thing. He found the key to his Porsche and left the house.

His relationship with Aramade was too sweet to be real. He never expected things to spark up so quickly. He knew Aramade to be quiet, cool, but not as fun as he got to know her now. Everyday, Prince Ire was scared of his relationship with Aramade. He was yet to introduce her to the real circle. The real circle where elegance speaks. His Dad's family. His cousins who were too quick to judge by appearances, dresses, level of education, background, profession and material things owned. He had successfully cut friends whose lives depended on looking down on people, judging, or treating some set of people in certain ways because of their status. But despite all, such people lived in his family and they were his cousins and relatives.

Prince Ire could recollect how Derin was accepted. She was someone who loved expensive things and the first day his cousins met her, they told her how much she bought everything she was putting on and how they really love the brand. Derin was able to flow with them mentioning all the brand they knew as well. The expensive restaurant they've been to and different kinds of food they've eaten. It saved Derin and they immediately fell in love with her. The moment they knew she was Princess Adebisi's friend, their love for her doubled. All these, Prince Ire couldn't help but think about. Not because he cared, but because he cared about Ara's feeling. He wanted her to be loved, accepted by his family without any complain but he knew that was going to be hard. And there was no way to avoid such cause Ara would eventually meet these set of people because they were part of his life as well.