Chapter 67

Ninety percent of all those who fail are not actually defeated. They simply quit.

                                        Paul.J.Meyer

67

After being told her seat no, Aramade entered the class she was directed to, walking straight down to the seat provided for her. It was her second time sitting for Gce exams. Deep down in her mind, she prayed this was going to be the last time and she meant it. She had studied to the brim. She had prayed. She was fully prepared. At this point, she was ready to face school and move to the next phase of her life. In fact, she wished she was done with school already. At age twenty two, schools are producing graduates.

At some point, Aramade thought about why she needed to continue her education. Speaking french was her only dream but then, she could speak more of it already. She was making her money. She was doing fine. She could get jobs, but what kind of jobs was she getting? Jobs that ended her washing for a Prince. Walking down the hall and nursing the pains caused by her heels. She wondered who will pay her really well without a certificate in this country. At the end, she reminded herself she wanted more. She couldn't settle for today that seemed to shine without fear. She convinced herself that those thoughts shouldn't even bother to stay. Even though the present status of employment wasn't encouraging, education was very important.

At this stage, everyone is now employing themselves and that makes it even more competitive. Nothing like, I don't have a job. Everyone is creating one and being skillful sets you apart. But then, these certificates are also needed to be paid more money. Aramade had seen many people who were not educated given a small pay, while people who were educated given a higher pay doing the same job. Ara had seen the level where education and creativity led some people to. Aramade held herself with her hands wrapped around her unable to get over her thoughts. Many people who are rich today and didn't acquire tertiary education are still going back to school just to get their certificates. Why? She wondered if she was right or wrong.

While thinking about so many things, Aramade remembered how her mom regretted never going back to school. Would she continue that because it was difficult gaining admission? Ara concluded she didn't want to end up regretting what she could have done now. She wanted to be successful. Become independent and live her dreams. She hope someone somewhere wouldn't regret not doing or learning what they should have done at the early stage of their lives. She hope someone out there is pursuing his or her dreams despite all odds because no matter how we want it so easy and smooth, it's never going to happen. No home without it challenges. No lives without difficulties. Every successful people we hear about also had their bad days and went through sleepless nights. What are we also doing? Ara knew what they enjoy now was paid with a huge price. The thoughts made Ara heaved a sigh and shook her head. Lord help me, she silently prayed, wiping the drop of tears that rolled down as a result of her fear. Somehow, the tears came down speedily and she couldn't stop the tears.

She wondered why she was crying, but sometimes, everyone needs it. To cry out the burdens in their hearts and feel a little bit relieved. But then, something told her she didn't need the stress she was about to put herself into. There are many rich people who are not even educated. Aramade thought about it, and her mom came to her mind. Who knows what they are regretting now? Don't put yourself in their shoes.

At that moment, Ara remembered her English teacher. She smiled through her tears thinking about those days, they thought the woman talks too much. Aramade brought back some statements she could never forget. We all have a choice. Who we end up becoming is because of the choices we made.