21| redemption

"One of the most decorated NCAA college swimmer and Olympian, Casper Ambrose joins us live on Sports Center

"One of the most decorated NCAA college swimmer and Olympian, Casper Ambrose joins us live on Sports Center." Josiah Lyle, the ESPN reporter speaks. "It's been too long Casper, it's good to have you back in the studio with us."

"It has," Josiah replies. "I'm glad that I got the chance to come back, thank you for having me."

"Today we have the long-awaited match up that kicks off the NCAA swimming season, BGU versus OHSU." Josiah pauses. "We've been talking about it for weeks now after the schedule was released. After last seasons disappointing performance from BGU in the finals, what do you expect to see from our two best swimmers of the league?"

"I expect nothing but high-quality level competition from these two guys, after last season's loss at the finals I think that BGU is looking for redemption and from what I've heard from Coach Jennings they are ready to take back what's theirs." Damn, right we are. "OHSU will not make it easy for them though, they are coming back to prove that they deserve to be called champions."

"I couldn't agree more Casper," Josiah agrees. "Even though it was clear that OHSU deserved that win last season, many critics were saying that they had just gotten lucky."

Casper chuckles. "I wouldn't call it luck though, nobody was expecting BGU to lose, especially in that mixed relay race. But OHSU showed up. They showed that they were the better team or else they wouldn't have a trophy sitting in their trophy case."

"BGU versus OHSU, who do you got for tonight's matchup?" Josiah asks Casper.

"I'm putting my money on BGU at least for tonight, it will be a close one though, that's for sure." Casper answers. Just for tonight? It's clear that no one believes we have what it takes anymore. We'll prove them wrong. They'll just have to wait and see.

"Will BGU redeem themselves tonight or will OHSU show once again that they are the better team?" Josiah asks. "You can watch the broadcast live on ESPN or tune in after the match up for some exclusive highlights and interviews. This is Josiah Lyle for ESPN."

I grabbed the remote from the coffee table and I turned off the TV. Watching these segments only pissed me off but I needed extra motivation for tonight's meet. We were all tired of all the shit they have been talking about our team and after the stunt, they pulled accusing me of using steroids, we were ready to shut them all up.

"Bro, have you seen my swimming briefs?" Becker asks as he comes down the stairs with O'Connor. "I could've sworn I had left them in the dryer."

"Have you checked Dant's room?" I ask. "He always gets yours mixed up with his. And I suggest you hurry up and find them, we're leaving for OHSU in an hour."

Becker disappears back upstairs and O'Connor plops down on the couch next to me. "Were you watching ESPN again?"

I nod. "They were making their predictions for tonight's meet. It's the same shit though, nothing new."