26| bury me, i dare you

To my surprise, Sèbastien was a pretty nice guy (for a drop-dead gorgeous jock that is)

To my surprise, Sèbastien was a pretty nice guy (for a drop-dead gorgeous jock that is). He and Stensby seemed to be very close which caught me by surprise as well. Every time we went out with the baseball team, Sèbastien wasn't even there. It all made sense when he mentioned the fact that he just wasn't the party type of guy, that explained the reason why he has been here for the past three years and this is the first time I'm seeing him.

"You guys kept me on edge the whole game," I chime in. We were currently talking about the team's stellar performance at tonight's game. "It was more nerve-wracking than watching the Dodgers play game six of the World Series."

"And that's saying a lot you guys," Peyton adds. "You should have seen her, we received several complaints from our neighbors' thanks to her never-ending screams. I had no choice but to watch the game with her, there was no sleeping that night."

Sèbastien looked at me surprised by what Peyton was saying. "I didn't take you for a big baseball fan."

"Why?" I ask. "You thought I just went to sit in the stands and look pretty?"

Stensby almost spits his drink when I finished that sentence. Sèbastien couldn't help but chuckle at my sassiness. "I would never, don't put words in my mouth Everest. The reason behind my comment is that I just have never seen a girl so invested in baseball that's all."

"I apologize for my assumption then," I smile as I take a sip out of my water bottle. "But going back to what we were previously discussing, I honestly didn't know how you guys pulled it off."

"To be honest I don't know either, that last homer I didn't even see the curveball, I just swung," Stensby adds.

"It doesn't matter though," Kelsea says. "You two are in the mouths of every ESPN reporter."

Kelsea was right. Before Stensby and Sèbastien got here, Kelsea was going over the post-game show on her phone. Everyone was talking about both of them, Stensby had a great night with the bat and Sèbastien made some huge plays in shortstop.

"As it should be," Peyton adds. "You guys are crazy talented."

"Have you guys received any news about MLB scouts from your coach?" I ask.

"We have heard a few things but nothing concrete," Sèbastien replies. "We do hope we get some good news throughout the season."

"Coach projects that if everything goes as planned, we could both be first-round picks." My jaw drops. What? That's amazing.

"And you've only decided to share this information just now?" I scold giving Stensby a disapproving look. "I see how it is these days, keeping things from us has become a habit."

"I just didn't want to say anything until it was something concrete," Stensby says. "Besides, it's not like I could tell you when I found out. Connery has seen more of you than I have in the past few months."