27| look what you made me do

"The first witness the people are calling to the stand is Macy Kingsley

"The first witness the people are calling to the stand is Macy Kingsley." Jared's voice filled the quiet courtroom.

Today we were at the grand jury's hearing. The purpose of it today was to get the grand jury to see evidence and hear the victim's testimony. Aside from that. Conrad and the school counselor were also going to be called to the stand. We hoped that after the grand jury heard every last word they would decide that the school was at fault and that the victims deserved their day in court to get justice for what they were put through.

After a rough couple of months, our case was solid and we were positive that the girls would get their day in court. That didn't help with the nerves though, I woke up today and all I wanted to do was throw up. This was the first time I was going to see Connery's family since the charity ball. And there were no surprises when I walked into the courtroom with Jared, just as I imagined it in my head, Victoria shot daggers at me. If looks could only kill. Connery was sitting beside her but I avoided all eye contact.

Last night might've been the last straw for him but deep down I hoped that he would just open his eyes to what was sitting right in front of him. If the bruises around my neck didn't speak enough volumes for him to at least question what was happening, I didn't know what would. Did I have to get raped as well? Or did I have to be buried six feet underground? Was that was what it was going to take for him to finally believe what was in front of him all this time?

Once Macy took the stand Jared proceeded with the hearing. "Can you please state your name and last name for the court?"

Macy nods. "Macy Kingsley,"

"Macy, can you tell the ladies and gentlemen for the jury what happened to you on the night of August 18th?" Jared asks.

Macy takes a deep breath. "On the night of August 18th, I was raped by Tommy Scott and four other guys at the Alpha Betta Gamma house."

From where we were sitting you could already see Macy Struggling to keep her composure, her eyes began to water. "Can you describe for the ladies and gentlemen for the jury the events that led to that night?"

"My friend Natalie wanted to go out to AJ's that night to see the Lakers game with our friend Lucas. I didn't want to go out that night, but my friends insisted so I gave in. I should've stayed in my dorm." Macy pauses as a tear falls down her right cheek. "It was during the second quarter of the game when Natalie introduced me to Tommy Scott. I didn't know most of the people there so she just wanted me to have someone to talk to while she flirted with one of the guys from the team. After four drinks we hit it off pretty well and by the end of half time he invited me over to the frat house."

"What happened next Macy?" Jared asks.

Macy stayed silent for a few seconds before answering Jared's question. "We got into his car, he drives a blue mustang, and we drove over to the frat house. It was empty when we got there. He then leads me up to his room and we started to kiss. I pushed him away once he started going too fast. It was my first time and I didn't feel ready."