38| it was just a dream

I had a bad feeling

I had a bad feeling. A feeling I couldn't just shake off. Walking through these dark streets by myself, I wondered to myself the reason as to why I thought walking to the coffee shop a few blocks from my apartment this late at night was ever a good idea. Peyton insisted that the best choice was taking my car, but with the costs of fixing my totaled car I was running a little low on money, and saving gas seemed like the best option at the moment.

Now, as I walk through these dark streets, I wish I wouldn't have been as stubborn and listened to my best friend who at times is mostly right. I tugged my right hand into my puffer jacket and with my other hand, I held the hot large coffee cup. My third economics exam was only three days away, which meant that I had to be buried in my textbook pulling an all-nighter even if it was just for today. God knows I wasn't going to make it through the night on my own, so I needed a little help from my other best friend. A Nitro Cold Brew.

As I walked down the sidewalk I felt a sense that someone was following me. I turned around to look, but no one was walking behind me. I was alone. Even though I didn't see anyone, I picked up my pace. My apartment building was only a block away now and as I picked up my pace I got closer which made me feel a little safer. As I passed an alley, I felt someone grab me from behind, putting a bag over my head. I instantly panicked and started to scream. "Let go of me! Someone help me!"

I tried to get out of the stranger's grip, but he was much stronger than I was. At that point, it didn't matter if I kicked or screamed. I knew there was no one else around. Whoever it was, he had full control of me. This person dragged me into the alleyway and threw me into what felt like a van. I felt ropes being tied around my hands. I got the courage to speak up and I asked the million-dollar question. "Who are you?"

No answer. "Why are you doing this? Are you one of Tommy's little thugs?"

All I got was a chuckle before the person decided to take my bag off of my face. It only took a small glance to see who it was. Tommy Scott. I don't know why I even bothered to ask, I should've known better. "Tommy Scott."

"In the flesh," He smirks. "You look surprised to see me."

"Considering that you always send someone to do the dirty work for you, I will admit that it did catch me by surprise to see it was you." I pause. "I was expecting to see one of your little thugs, but I'm glad to see that you finally have the balls to do your dirty work yourself."

As soon as I finished that last sentence I could see something shift in his eyes. It didn't take much before his fist connected with my right cheek. I winced instantly in pain. "I would be a lot nicer to me if I were you."

He ran his hand up and down my arms and I instantly shook them off. "Keep your dirty hands off me."

"I believe that's not going to be possible," Tommy replies as he looks at me directly in the eyes. "We're going to have so much fun tonight. And it's only starting."