32| elle était un pardonneur

"May I steal her for just once dance?"

We are made of all those who have built and broken us wrote Atticus. Time lost its way when I found him . It's an unexplainable thing really. For the longest time, I wandered through my life feeling lost, when I found him, he became my home. I knew that no matter what I went through good times or bad times I had always had someone to come home to.

I remember being afraid to feel at first. Going through such a great loss in my life with my parents, I never let myself feel or get attached to anyone. When you lose someone you love, the pain is a constant reminder of what you lost, and it doesn't matter if you know you gave that person everything you had to give. That doesn't make it hurt any less .

My grandma always told me, Ev, the bravest thing you can ever do in your lifetime is to be unafraid to feel. I took a chance on him , he built me ​​and broke me all over again. But what is stronger than a human heart? Rupi Kaur also wrote, which shatters over and over and still lives. He broke me that day, but that wasn't the ending of my story. Him not wanting me was the beginning of me loving and wanting myself

Sèbastien stepped aside, our eyes met and his lingering gaze took me back to relive our brief time together. Kingston placed his right hand on my lower back and I wrapped my left arm around his lifted arm and I placed my other hand around his biceps. Being in his arms, the feeling felt familiar. A little too familiar. The smell of his cologne was the same, after four years few things have changed.

Over the years I had always wondered what seeing Kingston would be like with all of the time that had gone by. Many times I would play different scenarios in my head of what I would say, four years had gone by, I had a lot I wanted to say. Things that I didn't get the chance to say. Now that I had him in front of me, I had all the words in my head but none of them came out. I just focused on the music that was playing in the background.

"You look beautiful in that dress Ev," Kingston says and I stay silent. My heart sunk a little when I heard those words, I always thought I was ready to face him but it turns out I wasn't. It didn't matter if I had already moved on, I think it was never going to get any easier. He left a mark the day he left, a mark so deep that not even time would be able to erase.

"I'm sorry, I can't do this," I tell him, the song was at its end but I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to last that much longer. I felt like I couldn't breathe. "I can't just act like nothing ever happened."

I didn't know where I was even going, all I know is that this time, I was the one walking away not him. It didn't take much time before I found a spot where I could sit and decompress. It was just a little too much, the memories, the pain. It all just came rushing in. Just like the waves when they hit the shore.

"Ev," I hear a familiar voice call. I knew it was him. He wouldn't just let me leave like that. At least that hasn't changed either. "Can I sit?"

I nod without taking a glance at him, I just looked at the small pond in front of me. "I didn't mean to run off like that, it was all just too much, too soon."