8: Oh No! It's Dawn.

Among posthumans, there was an unwritten rule that you should not inquire about someone's ability.

As the variety of abilities gained through evolution were extremely unique and unusual, perhaps even beyond people's imagination, even a single seemingly unremarkable ability might become a trump card to one's survival. Naturally, no one was willing to show their trump cards to others.

Unless it was really necessary, most people abstained from even using their abilities in front of others.

Luther had brought up this point to Lin Sanjiu before — so why had Marcie made such a request?

"Please don't misunderstand," Marcie smiled, probably realizing that her request seemed inappropriate. She wasn't that young to begin with, so when she smiled, a few lines of faint wrinkles appeared on her face. "Considering the current level of my ability, I am unable to tell what active skills you have. I can only analyze some of your basic stats. I think it will be useful for you to know some of your own basic stats as well... This, of course, depends on you. Do you want to try?"

"Okay!" Lin Sanjiu replied without any hesitation, stretching her arm out. "I trust the both of you."

Besides, during their tussle with the duoluozhong, she and Luther had already exposed their abilities to each other. Neither of them were stupid; since she could guess how Luther's abilities worked, similarly, Luther would definitely have an inkling of what hers was. It really wasn't necessary to be so secretive.

The hard tips of her metal nails gleamed with a cold metal sheen. It barely touched Lin Sanjiu's arm, and as if it were invited, the tip of her nail sunk into Lin Sanjiu's skin. Just when Lin Sanjiu was beginning to feel a slight pain, Marcie had already withdrawn her nails and was smiling at her. "It's done."

She took the single spherical drop of blood and dripped it on her palm. The drop of blood immediately disappeared. Following which, Marcie closed her eyes. When Lin Sanjiu looked at her arm again, she could see that the gash was so minute that it had long clotted.

"Marcie's ability is quite basic right now, so she will need quite some time to analyze that data..." Luther explained, sounding rather embarrassed. "All active skills slowly upgrade over time, but you will understand that in the future."

Lin Sanjiu thought about her weird ability. Did that mean that those rubbish cards might also be upgraded? What would they become? At the bare minimum, it should allow her to transform items without any limit, right?

As she thought of this, she somehow recalled that she had already "stored" the metal gates twice, even though the second time only lasted for two seconds. She wondered if she had used up her quota for today. She needed to find the right time to test it out...

While waiting for Marcie to analyze the data, Lin Sanjiu, out of curiosity, started chatting with Luther. Compared to her, he was the more experienced one, having been through two other apocalypse worlds. As he shared his experiences, many of which were new and foreign to her, she listened on, feeling amazed one moment, laughing out loud the next, and even feeling on edge during the exciting parts. Luther probably hadn't spoken so carefreely to someone in a long time. Their relationship improved within only that short span of time.

They were nearing the end of their conversation. When they looked over to Marcie again, they saw that she was still in the same position. Her eyes were completely shut, and she did not make a sound.

"How long does it take for Marcie to analyze the data?" Lin Sanjiu finally asked.

"Eh... from what I've seen, I think she'll need another hour or two," Luther replied, appearing slightly embarrassed. "It didn't take her that long to analyze my stats in the past."