63: Are You Ever Afraid?

None of the others noticed Lin Sanjiu blatantly appearing before the two executives because everyone was busy, but this was something no one could even have imagined.

Marcie was sprinting when, suddenly, an intense draft erupted in front of her. "Bang!" Somehow, her head collided with the empty space ahead, and she nearly fell. She reached out and realized that there was an invisible wall, but she did not know how far it stretched. Holding her slightly injured nose, she turned to look at Chen Jinfeng, who was just a few meters away.

He couldn't help smiling as he wrung his hands with a sick satisfaction. He took a few steps toward her and said, "So, we meet again."

Marcie eyed him coldly. She placed her hands down and extended her nails.

Despite the light streaming from the searchlights above, it was difficult to spot Marcie's extended nails, which now lacked a reflective metallic surface. Only she herself could see that the nails on both her pinky fingers had broken off, leaving two missing extensions.

However, Chen Jinfeng paid no heed to her display of aggression. His eyes lingered on her bosom before he laughed. "Just so you know, I've seen Septimus."

That statement caught Marcie's attention.

"I guess the two of you are still on bad terms. I met him just this morning. He told me the reason why you disappeared and even gave me a little information about your nails..." There was a loathsome smile on Chen Jinfeng's face as he spoke with a syrupy tone. "As long as I break off your nails one by one, you won't be able to hurt me, right?"

'12 went to look for Chen Jinfeng? Where is he now?' Marcie knew that Chen Jinfeng would not answer her questions, so she didn't bother asking. "If you think you can evade them, then go ahead and try," she uttered monotonously.

Chen Jinfeng's smile visibly waned, then he clapped twice. As the sound he made faded, rings of colors radiated from where they stood. In less than a second, their surroundings changed completely.

The poorly-lit factory compound disappeared and was replaced by a forest filled with a collection of weird plants. The sun was shining above, and the ground was covered by wild grass. Marcie was standing in a rather open area; she could even see a swath of blue sky through the canopy. Chen Jinfeng was no longer standing where he was just moments before. Now, there were only a few small yellow flowers in that spot.

Marcie took a few cautious steps forward, placing all her focus on listening to her surroundings. She tried to see if she could hear any nearby movements.

Chen Jinfeng's voice came down from the blue sky above. "The territory I showed you previously was just a basic version of my ability. I'm using my full power today. How is it? Beautiful, right?"

Once he finished his sentence, a shadow rapidly spun toward Marcie. It was extremely fast, but at the same time, its speed created a very faint sound of rushing air. Marcie only realized its presence when it was just at the back of her head. She instantly dodged by turning her head. The unknown thing flew past her face and landed on the ground.

A streak of blood slowly appeared on the tip of Marcie's nose. Still startled, she stared at the item and discovered that it was just a wildflower.

The petals of the hardened wildflower were wide-open, and each of them had a sharp blade-like edge. Once it rotated, it was just like a beautiful meat grinder. Marcie picked up the flower and tested it on her hair. A few red locks of hair fell to the ground.

"Haha! How is it? Isn't it pretty cool? Let me tell you something; I can convert everything within my territory into a weapon. We're not just talking about that wildflower you're holding."