59: Oasis Bares Its Fangs in the Morning

Under the bed, Lin Sanjiu saw only a pile of torn bedsheets. Marcie pulled out the bedsheet and instantly realized that she hadn't plummeted 12 hard enough. 12 must have woken up at some point in time. Since the cleansing effect only lasted for two minutes, he'd regained his physical enhancements. Once he reverted to his original strength, a single bedsheet was certainly not strong enough to keep him bound. Marcie was suddenly gripped with regret, helplessness, and even a little fear. If she hadn't wasted her time searching for Lin Sanjiu for 40 minutes, he might not have been able to escape...

However, the biggest problem that weighed heavily on them was this: if 12 intentionally left the Oasis and went somewhere further, Marcie would disappear once again.

Once she thought of that, Lin Sanjiu grew restless. "Marcie, I don't think he went far. Why don't we look for him now? Anyway, the entrance of the factory compound is guarded..."

Marcie sighed after hearing Lin Sanjiu's suggestion. "He's still in the Oasis. I can sense it." Looking at Lin Sanjiu, she explained a little impatiently, "For example, if I can move freely within a 100 meters radius from Luther... I would feel a sense of danger when we are about 70 meters apart. However, right now, I don't have this feeling at all. This means that he's not far from us. I'm sure of that."

Lin Sanjiu frowned, not knowing if it could be considered good news. Even though Marcie didn't face the risk of disappearing now, that also meant that 12 was nearby, monitoring them secretly.

'But, where?'

After she mulled it over for a while, she clapped her hands together and finally made a decision. "Marcie, let's go. Hear me out; I have an idea," Lin Sanjiu said with a serious expression.

"We have already found a consular officer. The Oasis is a complicated place; furthermore, Chen Jinfeng has an agenda against us. If not for the series of events that happened over the past few days, only a fool would continue staying in this place. Since 12 has disappeared, we should make the first move and leave the Oasis. If we wait outside the Oasis for him, we will get him somehow.

"Even though the Oasis was created by modifying a factory compound, all the other exits are locked for security reasons. Even the plot of land used for farming is surrounded by high walls and metal gates. If 12 wanted to leave, he would have to leave officially. Otherwise, he would have to climb over the walls or force his way past the main entrance. No matter what method he chooses, we can just keep watch outside."

Even though it was just a vague plan, it sounded quite feasible. Marcie's face visibly brightened as she listened to Lin Sanjiu. With a less dejected face, she agreed. "Say no more, it's definitely worth a try."

For this plan to work, they only had one problem: how were they going to secretly leave with their vehicles?

It might be easy for them without their vehicles. However, driving their vehicles to another spot would easily draw attention, let alone blatantly driving all three vehicles out of the Oasis.

"Let's wait till morning. We can secretly go out of this building and assess the situation." This was the only unimpressive idea Lin Sanjiu could come up with after thinking for a long time. "Almost everyone is asleep in the morning, so security would be laxer. At the same time, you must stay alert; if you sense that 12 is getting too far from you, you have to tell me."

Marcie nodded her head worriedly. In the past, with all twelve personalities in the same body, none of them could hurt each other. However, with the current situation, she could not help recalling the traumatic experience of witnessing the aftermath of what happened to the female doctor at the mental asylum.

Lin Sanjiu sighed softly when she saw Marcie's face. After they had discussed their morning plan, they kept quiet with heavy-laden hearts. Knowing that a homicidal maniac was spying on them, they did not dare to split up. Both squeezed into Lin Sanjiu's tiny bed and somewhat managed to rest awhile. After some time, they heard the rising volume of people' voices and various noises coming from the first floor. It was followed by multiple footsteps and the smell of food. Lin Sanjiu knew that the duties for that day had ended and, once again, it was mealtime.