84: Mouse Maze - The Dead Lead the Way

"Huff... Huff..."

The sound of panting reverberated through the narrow paths within the maze. The person who panted seemed to be completely out of energy. Surrounded by silence, the heavy breathing could be heard clearly. Lara Lian was the first to give up running, her steps slowing down as if she were about to just collapse anytime. Unable to catch her breath, she asked, "Is that... that woman still chasing after us?"

Before the two men behind her could reply, a long shadow reached out from a corner, answering her question.

The mouthpart was aimed at Old Wang. He immediately pulled his head back as the mouthpart, with its serrated edges, drew a long scratch on the wall. Pieces of concrete fell.

"Damn it! All of you, stop running!" Old Wang shouted furiously as he grabbed Lara Lian's arm. He finally made up his mind once he recovered from the ambush. "I don't believe that we can't defeat her if we work together! Didn't we get the rabbit unconscious?"

Lara Lian hesitated for two seconds before casting a glance behind.

"That's only because it lost one of its abilities, so it couldn't really fight," Zhong Junkai retorted nervously. "Let's just return that rabbit to her and search for that place, okay?" he urged his girlfriend.

Lara Lian furrowed her brows instantly as she turned to him with an irritated face. "Search? Do you know where it is? Can you bring me there now? Among us, you're the only one who retained all your abilities. Not only are you not helping, but you're even saying things like that!?"

"Young Zhong Junkai, don't worry. Right now, she is just as weak as us." Old Wang flashed a grin at Zhong Junkai, who glared at Lara Lian silently. "Besides, you still have me and Lara Lian backing you up."

As he saw Lin Sanjiu walking toward them, Zhong Junkai felt a push from behind. When he turned around, he could not tell who had pushed him; all he saw was his girlfriend's bloodshot eyes. He clenched his teeth and bent forward, preparing to sprint. Then he rushed toward Lin Sanjiu, who had heard their conversation and, thus, was already prepared.

Zhong Junkai rushed toward her at an alarming speed. She did not dare to take the attack head-on, so she swerved to one side. However, as if he had eyes in the back of his head, Zhong Junkai turned sharply in an unexpected manner and approached her once again with an overwhelmingly vicious aura.

[Hit-and-run]

This is an ability tailored for rich kids. With this ability, the user can reach the speed of an F1 car, and his body mass will reach a few tonnes. Anyone who is rammed by this attack will either die or be badly injured. However, the user (culprit) of this hit-and-run will be unscathed.

With the paths in the maze being very narrow, Lin Sanjiu realized that she had nowhere to dodge after shifting to one side, and as she saw Zhong Junkai heading toward her like a wild bull, the pressure motivated her to think quickly. She thrust the mouthpart in her hand directly into the area of the wall above her. The sharp tip of the mouthpart immediately dug deep into the wall. Shortly after, Lin Sanjiu jumped, grabbing onto the mouthpart, and swung her body upward into mid air.

"Boom!" A thunderous sound rang out as Zhong Junkai crashed into a wall. The impact was so great that the tall black wall even shook for a few seconds. He held his shoulders, momentarily stunned, as he hadn't expected Lin Sanjiu to disappear from his sight at that critical moment. Within that one second, Lin Sanjiu retrieved the mouthpart while one of her feet landed heavily on Zhong Junkai's face. He fell to the ground before he could even retaliate. He was unable to pull himself up even after some time. That one kick had scattered his wave of courage. He could only hold his wounded face. In the first place, he had been unwilling to fight, and now, the pain from his nose exceeded the anger he felt from getting hit.