66: You're an Idiot

Marcie could see a small hill-shaped figure moving toward her in the dark. She immediately paused as she cautiously observed it. It was slowly edging forward. The figure was very large, but also extremely slow. She placed her medical kit down and crossed her arms.

After she waited for some time, the large shadow finally got closer and revealed its true form. When Marcie got a clear view of what it was, she raised one of her brows. "What are you doing?"

The person that approached her was actually Hu Changzai. He was pulling on a rope (God knows how he got it) propped on his shoulder, with an unconscious Hai Tianqing secured on the other end of it. He struggled with each step as he continued dragging that man behind him. The scene was like a chick trying to drag a camel. Hu Changzai was exhausted. He panted heavily, almost feeling as if his eyes would pop out. "Huff... Ah... Help... Help me..."

When he looked up, he was instead astounded. "Marcie, how did you end up like this?"

There wasn't a single part of her body that was unhurt; it was either bandaged or covered with ointment. He almost couldn't tell what her original skin color was. Marcie sighed with resignation. "I received too many cuts just before, so I went to the infirmary first to treat my wounds. I also took some items that I think will be useful. Don't worry, they're all superficial wounds... But you... I killed Chen Jinfeng, but what are you doing, dragging your opponent around like that?"

Hu Changzai spotted the medical kit and immediately laid on the ground with a "plop". He waved his arms and said, "Tend... tend to his wounds first... He's on our side... I'll tell you more... more details later. Let me catch my breath..."

At his explanation, Marcie took out a bottle of rubbing alcohol along with a needle and some thread. She quickly dealt with Hai Tianqing's wounds and fed him some antibiotics. When everything was done, she wiped her hands with a cotton cloth and mumbled self-deprecatingly, "Ever since I came to the Oasis, I've practically become a doctor... Alright, he can sleep here. Whether or not he survives is up to him."

Anyway, with Hai Tianqing's body frame, it was difficult to move him anywhere else, so Hu Changzai nodded. Just then, not far from them, they heard a cough and a quiet voice say, "Is that you, Marcie?" Both of them looked up and saw a person stumbling toward them. It was Fang Dan.

Fang Dan's body was covered with large patches of bruises. She didn't have many open wounds, but she looked rather sickly. "Great, I finally found you both—" Before she could finish her sentence, she nearly fell to the ground. Hu Changzai finally comprehended and quickly helped her up while Marcie immediately checked Fang Dan's injuries.

"You have at least three broken ribs! How can you still move around? It's too dangerous... What about your opponent?" Marcie exclaimed.

Fang Dan managed a weak but proud smile. "Since I'm alive, he's definitely dead."

With that, she turned and spotted Hai Tianqing, becoming shocked. "Ah! But why?"

After Hu Changzai explained the situation hurriedly, Fang Dan looked at him skeptically but did not say anything else. Marcie provided Fang Dan with some first aid treatment. Seeing as Fang Dan shouldn't move in her current condition, Hu Changzai and Marcie helped her over and let her rest beside Hai Tianqing.

"We'll go see how Xiao Jiu is and return shortly. Even though there is no one outside now, you better hide beside Executive Hai for now..." Marcie said softly.

Fang Dan nodded and leaned on one of Hai Tianqing's arms, which was as almost as thick as the trunk of a small tree. She gradually relaxed. After seeing Fang Dan close her eyes, Marcie and Hu Changzai sped for the Executives' Building without delay.