68: Death of the Utmost Consular Officer

The entire sky was now hidden from view. They could hear the cacophony of their own heavy breaths and their footsteps as they ran as fast as they could between the buildings, with Lin Sanjiu leading the way. Their goal was to reach the vehicles. Once they got their vehicles, they could pick up Fang Dan and Hai Tianqing then escape from the Oasis!

From the ground to the sky, the current scenario could be split into three layers.

The top layer was made up of many duoluozhongs. They flew above Lin Sanjiu's group and followed them, but they were unable to swoop down and attack the people below, as there was a gigantic silver net between them and the humans below.

If they slowed down to look at that net carefully, they would realize that it was made of random paraphernalia: a broken brick, a torn insulation blanket, a ladle from the canteen, a metal grille... They were all junk items, but they had a silver sheen like the well-polished edge of a katana.

The brown rabbit held on to Lin Sanjiu's combat pants with two paws. His fur ball-like body bounced in tandem with her pace. He looked up at the gigantic net above them and yelled out, "It's almost ready!"

Without even looking up, Lin Sanjiu snapped her fingers. The items that made up the silver net immediately dispersed and shot upward toward the duoluozhong, each leaving a silver trail like that of a meteor streak. The duoluozhong did not even bat an eye. Their excited screeches became even sharper — they were not afraid of that rubbish! Without the net, it was even easier for all of them!

That common thinking was disproved in half a second. A piece of rag with the hardness of a diamond, rotating at a very high speed, sliced off one of the wings that belonged to a duoluozhong. In shock, it let out a screech before it crashed downward as it lost control. It fell toward a pile of "rubbish". Its body was instantaneously shredded into bits, and an explosion of blood and ground flesh erupted in mid-air.

"Fantastic! Do it again!"

While the brown rabbit cheered excitedly, the roof of several of the dormitories broke into pieces, almost a thousand parts, consisting of bricks, tiles, and wood that showed a familiar silver sheen and rapidly replaced the gaps in the net.

Marcie, inspired by Chen Jinfeng's ability, described it to Lin Sanjiu. Once her Pygmalion Choker was activated, Lin Sanjiu could feel a slight warmth from underneath the bandage on her neck. Compared to Chen Jinfeng, who could only control a limited number of items simultaneously, Lin Sanjiu's extremely high Potential Growth Value allowed her to control nearly a thousand weaponized items at the same time. That also meant that the lethality of the ability in her hands was far beyond that of Chen Jinfeng.

"I had no idea you were this powerful..." Xu Xiaoyang was just behind Lin Sanjiu. The girl's petite face was now pale, perhaps from all that running or even because she was scared of Lin Sanjiu. Griselda was running beside Xu Xiaoyang, carrying Professor Bai on her back. Professor Bai was dumbfounded as she looked up at the sky.

Lin Sanjiu sighed dejectedly. The disparity between feeling like a superhero for five minutes and a weak shit for the remaining 1435 minutes within a 24-hour period was really too great; she couldn't help feeling that it was bad for her heart. Thinking about time, she suddenly asked, "Hu Changzai, how many more minutes do I have?"

Marcie was carrying Hu Changzai on her back, as his running speed was behind everyone's. His face was red and flustered as he replied, "You have exactly four minutes. We'll be reaching soon. We can make it in time!"

They could indeed see the empty lot where the vehicles were right ahead. Without 12's key, they could only retrieve two vehicles. Thankfully, Marcie's bus was large, so they probably had enough space for everyone.