106: Connected, Finally

There was something annoying, but not life-threatening, about living in Hyperthermal Hell. Due to the high temperatures during the day, no one could do anything but find a place to sleep. However, no matter where it was, the harsh brightness made it difficult for anyone to sleep well.

Thus, when Lin Sanjiu found herself in this dark, quiet environment, she suddenly found a joy she had not felt for a long time. The surrounding darkness was like a mother's womb, gently wrapping around her, providing her a peaceful and restful sleep.

She slept so deeply that she managed to turn a deaf ear to the anxious "Guh, guh" sound beside her. Shen Lianqi was tied up and dangling from the ceiling of the passenger boat. His mouth had also been stuffed, so he couldn't make a sound. He thrashed about noisily, hitting his pair of tails against the walls of the boat. The sounds reverberated far throughout the empty steel ship and echoed for quite some time before they finally woke Lin Sanjiu.

"Oh, you're awake." Lin Sanjiu rubbed her eyes. She yawned as she took out the gag from his mouth but showed no sign of releasing him. Since Shen Lianqi had gills on either side of his cheeks, he didn't have any difficulty breathing even with something in his mouth. The first thing that he blurted from his mouth was, "Where are Miss Hannah and the others?"

Lin Sanjiu crossed her arms and stared at him for a long time before she slowly said, "Shen Lianqi. Shen Lianqi... You're really impressive. I honestly don't know what to say. Even though you've become a merman, have you always lacked a sense of aesthetic? I can't wrap my head around how you could possibly fall for that duoluozhong."

Shen Lianqi blushed even though he was hanging from a beam. "Don't put it that way. Even though Miss Hannah's skin is a little loose, she is very kind... Miss Lin, I'm not joking with you. Where are they? Please."

"They're dead. They became frozen solid, I kicked them, and they shattered into a dozen big and small pieces." There was a hint of cruelty in her voice as she purposely described the entire process in detail. "After they became ice, they looked way better. At least, they no longer looked gooey and they stopped dripping their corpse gunk everywhere."

The description on the card claimed that mermaids are unable to process any sort of negative feelings. Lin Sanjiu wanted to see how Shen Lianqi's remaining human side would deal with the situation. The hanging merman looked at her vacantly, without saying a word.

"I don't believe you. Is she really dead?" Shen Lianqi asked after quite a while.

"Do you want me to retrieve one of their remains from the sea? Oh, but that won't do. They were frozen then defrosted by the warm sea, so they probably already dissolved into the seawater," Lin Sanjiu answered descriptively without any sense of discretion. At the same time, she stared hard at Shen Lianqi, not knowing how he would react.

Despite how scheming the three duoluozhongs were, they probably didn't have much practical fighting experience once they awakened in the apocalypse world, so she had settled them within half of the Pygmalion Choker's five-minute limitation, leaving them as broken fragments rolling around on the deck.

This 'instant freeze' ability described by B. Rabbit was quite powerful and Lin Sanjiu couldn't help feeling envious of the people who had practical combat abilities from the start. Even now, whenever she needed to fight, she had to engage in hand-to-hand combat. How could she still be considered a posthuman?

After sweeping all the hardened pieces of dead flesh into the sea, she had used the silver light from her [Ability Polishing Agent] to find the unconscious Shen Lianqi floating on the surface of the sea above the tail of the ship.

Luckily, he had his fish body, so his body floated up to the surface when he fainted. Otherwise, it would be hard to say if he could still survive...

Lin Sanjiu spent quite a lot of effort trying to pull him back up on the ship, as she did not really know how to swim and she couldn't touch his skin. After thinking about the problem for some time, she wrapped her hands with some cloth and found some ropes that were used for tying the drape curtains in the ship. She tied the ropes tightly around Shen Lianqi, pulled him out, and then hung him from a beam.