25: It's a Universal Law that the Main Character Must Die? (2)

In the dark, Lin Sanjiu could feel something pressing uncomfortably against the back of her head. Half a day had already passed. She felt exhausted and did not feel like moving, so she just flipped sideway hazily.

The next second, she woke up abruptly from her dream, panting heavily.

Lin Sanjiu lowered her head and saw her trembling hands. 'Dead? Am I dead? Is everyone dead?' She turned her head, looking vacantly. She found Marcie and Luther sleeping alongside each other quite close to her. Both of them were frowning as if they were in a sort of nightmare. Even though they were still asleep, she could see the movement of their chests. That was enough proof that they were still alive and well.

'So, was that just a dream?' Lin Sanjiu stood up from the floor. Her hands and feet still felt cold, and her whole body was weak. The moment she died, the moment all the bones and organs in her body were crushed, the moment when she slipped into a boundless darkness, that almost unbelievable pain... Was it all a dream? She shivered.

She opened the door and stepped out of the bus. She desperately needed some fresh air so that she could clear her mind. Just as she stepped outside, a deafening "You are my little, little apple" rang out loudly, tearing the tranquility of the night. Lin Sanjiu paused for a moment. She heard it again, just like the previous time... Or, to be precise, in her dream. The noisy ringtone did not last as long as in her dream. Instead, someone stopped it quickly before it even reached two lines of the song. The darkness returned to a dead silence.

Lin Sanjiu gazed quietly at the direction of the Citroën, motionless. Even after a while, Voley did not come out to wake them. She felt a little impatient and decided to take a look, but suddenly, she heard a soft cry of shock from the bus, following which, Marcie called out, "Luther! Xiao Jiu!"

Lin Sanjiu immediately rushed into the bus just as Luther woke up, gasping and sitting upright. The three of time exchanged glances, finding that each of their faces were pale.

"I dreamed that I died!"

The three of them suddenly said together when they shared glances.

"Huh... How could that be?" Luther was the first to react. "Both of you also dreamed of your own deaths?"

"Not only me..." Lin Sanjiu's face darkened. "I dreamed that the four of us all died. Why don't you tell me about your dream first!"

Following the order of their deaths, Luther was the first one to speak, "My dream just now was simply too realistic. I dreamed that we were on the way to an industrial park. Suddenly, a duoluozhong jumped on top of my vehicle. It smashed the windows on the other side, and all of a sudden... my stomach..." His face turned pale, and he looked like he could not continue.

"Huh? How can that be? In my dream, you were attacked by a duoluozhong, so you turned your truck, and I collided with you..." Shocked, Marcie's light brown eyes widened as she stared at Luther. "I was badly injured and was trying to climb out of the driver's seat when..."

"There was a sudden explosion, and you died as well," Lin Sanjiu interjected with cold sweat all over her body.

"How did you know?"

"That's because I was around when it happened..." Lin Sanjiu shut her eyes, recalling that scene. "When both of you died, my truck rolled backward and crushed me and Voley... It was as if heaven played a prank on us. We were all killed just like that!"

"How is this... this possible... Our dreams were all connected?" Luther mumbled to himself.

Marcie and Lin Sanjiu furrowed their brows, momentarily speechless. While the atmosphere between them froze over, they heard Voley's voice outside the bus, "Is everyone awake?" She was not sure if she heard wrongly, but his voice seemed to tremble a little.