55: The Reason He Shouldn't Be Killed

Once Lin Sanjiu came out of her School of Higher Consciousness, she, who spent all her energy, fell into a deep slumber almost instantly. She did not know how long she slept, but she woke up when it was already the set time to wake up.

'The current "Septimus" is not the real deal.'

This thought surfaced once she opened her eyes. She had no doubt about it.

"Xiao Jiu, you're awake too?"

She lifted the curtains at her doorway and stepped out. Coincidentally, she met Fang Dan who came out of her own cubicle at the same time. Lin Sanjiu scanned Fang Dan from head to toe and tried to call out the information in her subconsciousness. She immediately understood what Mrs. Manas meant.

A horrifyingly astute observational skill combined with her heightened five senses, her eyes, ears, skin... Every second, every moment, they were recording massive amounts of information from the outside world... It was as if she had opened a door that she did not even know existed.

"If you dislike him so much, you should just reject him directly." After gathering a few pieces of information from the database of her subconsciousness in her mind, Lin Sanjiu somehow blurted that out.

"Huh? What... what do you mean?" Fang Dan's face suddenly turned red.

Lin Sanjiu shot her a glance. "And even if you walk beside me, your suitor might still follow you."

"Hey? How... how did you know?" Fang Dan was stunned as she asked, stammering.

The answer was actually very simple. When Lin Sanjiu was still asleep, there wasn't a sound coming from Fang Dan's cubicle. However, once Lin Sanjiu got out of her bed, there was a squeak from the bed board from the adjacent cubicle. Thereafter, Lin Sanjiu heard Fang Dan rushing to the doorway. Clearly, Fang Dan was waiting for Lin Sanjiu to come out.

At this moment, Lin Sanjiu was like a command center giving out instructions—her single thought evoked all the information recorded by her body even when she was asleep. Needless to say, she also drew out the information she recorded the exact moment she pulled open her own curtains. Lin Sanjiu saw a pink card on the floor, and from the vague outlines of the words, it was definitely written by that relentless suitor. The reason why Fang Dan planned to walk beside Lin Sanjiu was because the suitor was waiting nearby for her.

Unfortunately, after a few scenarios and a few zoomed in images surfaced in her mind, Lin Sanjiu had no choice but to stop so that she could recharge again. Her [School of Higher Consciousness] had just taken shape and the length that she could use her "Higher Consciousness" for was still pitifully short. She had only used it for a bit, but it seemed to her that she had reached the critical point where she risked using up all the "fuel".

Fang Dan was astonished. "How did you know that I don't like him?"

"I woke up late, so most of the people in the building must have finished their dinner. But you'd rather wait for me with an empty stomach... Isn't that obvious?"

There was a long rectangular case bulging from Fang Dan's pants pocket. It was her chopstick case. Since she brought it along with her, it meant that she had not eaten. Watching Fang Dan's flabbergasted face, Lin Sanjiu added, "Oh, and tonight's dinner is your most hated — boiled mushrooms."

"Huh! Didn't you just wake up? How did you know?"

'That's because... the cooks in the Oasis aren't that fantastic. When mushrooms are boiled, they exude an earthy smell. That smell lingers on everyone who has eaten their dinner.' But Lin Sanjiu did not say that aloud because she felt a little dizzy even after she just retrieved that bit of information. Apparently, the ability was very draining.