Chapter 4- Qin family Journals

When he left the dungeon, Wei Xiao's mind was still thinking of what his uncle had said. It's not that he doesn't trust the decision made by his elder, but the fact that having the lunatic that killed thousands of practitioners set off to hide with him made him feel uncomfortable and reluctant. Qin Zuijia may be hiding facts about his past, but that doesn't mean they should just free him from the punishment. Wei Xiao was pondering what his uncle might be up to when the little rabbit jumped down from his arms and hopped straight to a bush.

Wei Xiao reached out his hand to grab the little rabbit back and found his nephew hiding by the bush and patting the rabbit on the head.

"Bad rabbit!" The child barated. The child was only two years old, a little chubby with his cheeks swollen for eating too much. The flushed cheeks make him look cute and his eyes shine like the morning sun. Indeed a child that has not seen the coldness and ruthlessness of the world are the most beautiful.

"Xiao ling?" Wei Xiao called his nephew. The sudden appearance of this young master here is very unusual. He is currently standing in front of the judgement hall where Xiao Ling shouldn't have been in. "Why are you here?"

Xiao Ling looked up at his uncle and smiled. His white teeth were beaming at him, and although it was missing one tooth in the front, he looks rather adorable. "Xiao Ling wants to see uncle!"

Wei Xiao looks at the child intently. He furrowed his brow as though examining if the other was lying.

Xiao Ling saw his expression and copied him, furrowing his brow and pouting. When the child does this, his eyes would cross and he would look more cute than intimidating.

Wei Xiao noticed his actions and softened his brows. He showed the kid his hands and said. "The ground is dirty, come with uncle and we'll get you something to eat."

The child heard his sentence and became excited. Yes, even the child is gluttons like his father and uncle. Xiao Ling stood up, patted the dirt on his clothes and walked towards his uncle. Wei Xiao lifted the child up and carried him to the dining hall. The little rabbit followed behind them, never failing to keep up his pace. Soon they arrived at the dining hall where many disciples and guards had already gotten their food. Some came in, and some went out. The place isn't crowded, but there are still a lot of people inside.

Wei Xiao found an inconspicuous table to sit on. He had his nephew sit down and he went to get them food.

Later, their table was filled with hot and spicy food. Though Xiao Ling was only two years old, his appetite is very large. He could eat a whole chicken in one sitting and still want more. Good thing is that their clan is very rich and could pacify the gluttons (a.k.a the Wei brothers and the little Wei child)

The little rabbit was happily nibbling on his green cabbage and occasionally looking at the two human beings in front of him. One tall was eating three bowls with dumplings and spring rolls, dipping them in hot sauce. The small one was happily holding a chicken leg and greedily munching on them. The atmosphere in their table would be considered harmonious, although one was cold and the other was like the spring. Their interaction was still warm.

Upon suddenly seeing this scene. Wei Xiayu's lips curved into a sinister smile. He planned on surprising his son who had his back on him. He giggle menacingly and quietly walked towards their table. The little rabbit saw him coming and immediately ran towards him, ruining his planned surprise.

"Dada!" Xiao Ling exclaimed as he saw his father coming to greet him.

"Ah-Ling!" Wei Xiayu awkwardly replied.

Xiao Ling ran towards his father and pulled him to their table. "Dada eat with Xiao Ling." He stated.

Wei Xiayu smiled helplessly and let his son drag him to the table.