Chapter 26 - Xiao Ling's worries

Xiao Ling had been staying with his pretty uncle the whole afternoon. He felt awful looking at pretty uncle's sweat stained face and his furrowed eyebrows. He placed his little hands on pretty uncle's face, he felt that it was very hot. He wanted to cry, but was also afraid that pretty uncle would feel more bad if he started crying. He could only kiss his pretty uncle's cheeks and hug him while he watched him sleep.

Xiao Ling clutches his pretty uncle's lapels and buries his head in his chest, feeling the warm embrace. He began to weep lightly.

He was afraid. He didn't want to see pretty uncle in this state.

"Pretty uncle, please wake up. Xiao Ling won't leave you. Xiao Ling is here for you."

Xiao Ling fell into a deep sleep under his pretty uncle's embrace.

__________________

Xiao Ling had a dream. It was a very chaotic dream. He dreamt that he was with his parents, or are they not his parents. He felt these people were his mother and father, but they look nothing like his real mother and father. He looked at a bronze mirror. a man who was the same age as his pretty uncle was reflected on the mirror, but his face was distorted.

What he saw wasn't him.

Xiao Ling stumbled back and fell on the ground and found that he had been transported to a very dark place.

He could feel the great amount of yin energy occupying the place. He could hear the screaming of ghosts under his feet and a very eerie music playing in the dark room. His heart beat faster, and his breathing became unstable. He opened his mouth to call for someone, then a man came and looked at him.

Qin Muyang.

He didn't know where this name came from, but he knew that this should be the name of the person in front of him.

The man stretched out his hands to help his stand up. Qin Muyang smiled at him. His smile was like the morning breeze, bright and precious. Like a rare diamond which people would fight over just to see and be able to get a hold of. To Xiao Ling it was the most beautiful smile. His eyes misted and he held on the stretched out hand and stood up.

Qin Muyang laughed. His soft laughter echoes around the dark room. "I'm glad I could get a hold of you." His voice was like a record, not like the sound made by human beings. "I am unable to return to the clan, for I am being held captive." He walked with Xiao Ling towards a curtained door. "I knew you'd be more reasonable than any of the Qin family heir."

Xiao Ling couldn't understand what he was saying, but then he felt his own mouth move. "I could never ignore the greatest clan leader and the savior of the Wolf Bane continent."

Qin Muyang smiled.

Then the scene changed again and thousands of people were now under his feet. Dead.

The whole continent wanted him dead. His hands were shaking by the sight of those people lying in front of him, stabbed by thousands of ice swords that sprouted out of the land.

Xiao Ling trembled and his sight turned dark.

________________

When Xiao Ling woke up, he was covered with sweat and the first thing he did was cry.

He cried and cried until he couldn't do it anymore. His heart was beating faster and louder, much like the way his pretty uncle looks like. He turned to pretty uncle and thought 'is this what pretty uncle was dreaming about?'. Of course the innocent child would think this way since it was his first time seeing a person who had collapsed after being frightened.

Xiao Ling hugged pretty uncle and kissed his cheeks. "Pretty uncle don't be scared." Xiao Ling's voice was shaking as he held onto his pretty uncle. "Xiao Ling would be strong so he could protect you from those bad people."

Uncle Xiao knocked on the door and opened it. In his hands were a basin with cold water. "Xiao Ling, is pretty uncle okay?"

Xiao Ling looked at his pretty uncle and shook his head. "Pretty uncle is having bad dreams! Uncle I had that dream too!" Xiao Ling hugged pretty uncle tighter.

"Dreams?" Uncle Xiao raised his brows. "What kind of dream?"

Xiao Ling explained what happened in his dreams and told him that pretty uncle must be having the same dreams. But uncle Xiao didn't react the way he should. He wasn't worried that pretty uncle was dreaming bad stuff. Xiao Ling gripped his clothes tighter and started to cry.

"Xiao Ling." Uncle Xiao came closer and wiped the tears away. His eyes were shaking when he looked at Xiao Ling. His hands were trembling, but Xiao Ling didn't know why. Was he worried about pretty uncle or was it because he cried?

"Uncle, pretty uncle is sad." Xiao Ling clutches Uncle Xiao's sleeves and tugged them.

Uncle Xiao kissed Xiao Ling's forehead and promised to take care of pretty uncle.

___________________

Xiao Ling had to stay with Uncle Le. Uncle Le was teaching older brother Fu Yu about a lot of different things Xiao Ling couldn't understand. Xiao Ling wished that he was playing with pretty brother right now, but the pretty brother was called by the sect leader to go back to work.

"Xiao Ling." Uncle Le called Xiao Ling over to play with a set of new toys. They were shiny toys with lots of different functions. One toy was able to help tie his hair, while another was playing a song for him. They were all fun toys, but Xiao Ling couldn't help but pout. He doesn't want these toys at all.

Xiao Ling continued to stay in one corner while he fakes being amused by the toys, but deep down, he couldn't forget the dream he had and the possibility of it being the dream that pretty uncle was having.

While being immersed in the fear of his pretty uncle's dream, Xiao Ling heard several voices talking from outside. He looked out to see who was talking and found they knew no one from them.

"The mass suicide happened just this morning." One of the men said.

"The sect leader advised that you stay inside until further notice."

"I understand." Uncle Le nodded.

"Elder Bai, the sect won't let anyone hurt your nephews. rest assured." The men nodded and left.

Uncle Le turned around and saw Xiao Ling. He was surprised at first, but his eyes relaxed and he smiled at him. "Is Xiao Ling done playing?"

Xiao Ling walked out of the other room and nodded. "Can I go see your pretty uncle now?" he looked down to his feet and pulled down his clothes.

Uncle Le rolled his wheelchair towards him and rubbed his messy hair. "Silly boy, Pretty uncle is still sick. You can see him when he wakes up."

Xiao Ling was feeling sad. His pretty uncle was ill but he couldn't be there for him. He wanted to help as well, but everyone kept telling him that he shouldn't see him right now. Xiao Ling wanted to grow up faster so that he could help take care of his pretty uncle against the bad dreams.

He pouted for an entire day until Uncle Xiao came to pick him up.