Chapter 23 - Qin Zuijia can cultivate?

Wei Xiao told Bai Chenle that he wanted to earn some money for the future. This wasn't really his idea, but Qin Zuijia refuses to give him any coins before he finds a place to earn. Wei Xiao has never tried working in another establishment, nor does he want to experience it. He asked Bai Chenle if he could let him join the sect.

"Are you sure you want that?" Bai Chenle was sitting by the table, sipping tea. Fu Yu was right beside him, itching to get away.

"Although we aren't short of money, it's still good to have a way to earn more." Wei Xiao recited what Qin Zuijia said.

Bai Chenle nodded with a sigh. "Disciples of the sect get a free meal and are paid monthly. Outer disciples usually earn around 2 gold coins and 100 silver coins a month. Inner disciples earn 5 gold coins, while we elders earn 20 gold coins. Your pay increases alongside your position in the sect." He tapped the table as if calculating. "I could help you become an inner disciple, but you have to take the test."

Wei Xiao nodded. He thought of something and added. "Qin Zuijia said that he wanted to take the test with me."

Bai Chenle's eyes widened. Mages have different tests than martial artists. Qin Zuijia was a mage, he should take a different test than Wei Xiao.

Wei Xiao saw his reaction and understood his query. "Qin Zuijia's soul was damaged when he returned to the clan, his meridians were sealed and his spirit force didn't allow him to make pills or attack, but recently, he was able to circulate his Qi. I didn't know what happened, but I think that something changed with him."

"His soul was damaged?" Fu Yu asked from the side.

Wei Xiao nodded. "Though we weren't able to properly check it, his mark was already gone. For a mage, the mark is very important."

Fu Yu raised his brows, but didn't answer back.

"If he was able to circulate his Qi, then he'd be able to cultivate again." Bai Chenle felt distressed. If Qin Zuijia was able to cultivate again, there's a chance that he might turn dark and kill once more.

"Don't worry. Qin Zuijia won't be like that again." Wei Xiao answered. He could see where Qin Zuijia's heart is now. He wanted to see Xiao Ling grow, he wouldn't ruin his future.

Fu Yu smiled at him. "Young master is correct. That Qin Zuijia then is different from the Qin Zuijia now."

Wei Xiao found that Fu Yu - who he hated for no reason- was siding with him. He knitted his brows and felt that Fu Yu was hiding a lot from them.

Fu Yu noticed his gaze and grinned.

"There will be an examination next month. You could wait for it or I could directly send you in much like how I did with Fu Yu." Bai Chenle explained. "Since you're a martial artist, you'd have to be sent to the first two peaks, but I doubt that the sect leader would take you in. And Qin Zuijia should be i -"

"He'll go with me." Wei Xiao said.

"I'll send you in directly, it's way easier that way." Bai Chenle said. "I can send you in directly to Vincent, he'd be more than glad to take you in, but you have to take the examination later. Fu Yu would be taking the exam as well, you don't have to worry much."

Fu Yu sneered. "Don't pull me down, young master."

Wei Xiao ignored him and bowed to Bai Chenle. He left afterwards to tell Qin Zuijia about the news.

_________________

Qin Zuijia was lying in bed with Xiao Ling huddled up in his arms. He had his eyes closed, and his breathing was even, obviously asleep.