Chapter 9- The old ladies inn (Part 2)

In the middle of the night, when the moon is at its peak, Screams and cries of children rang across the entire city. Every door was locked, every window barricaded, but the sounds never died out.

In Willow City, there is a legend of a woman losing her child. This was a mysterious legend that gave fame to the city. But legends aren't always real...right?

The legend tells of a beautiful woman whose eyes were blue and skin was a white as jade. Her lips were of the brightest shade of red and her hair was like silk that flew with the wind. She came from a far away land and decided to stay at Willow city with his husband and child for the night. With the scarcity of their money they choose to stay at the cheapest inn in the city.

The inn was filled with beautiful young women, elegant and warm. Their face was always adorned with a smile and with one look, you would feel at home. So, the couple and child decided that this was a good choice.

Aside from the great atmosphere of the place, the inn was also filled with mothers and children.

When night came, One of the women knocked on their door. "Miss and sir, I've brought you dinner."

The husband opened the door and welcomed the woman in. "We've troubled you." He said with a sigh.

The woman laughs. "With such beauty right in front of me, how could I be troubled. This young master is so lucky to have such a beautiful wife."

The man smiled at the girl. He agreed with the other's comment and looked at his wife. "She is indeed a beauty, and our child is cute as well!" He boasted.

"I agree." said the girl.

The next day, the couple woke up and found that their child went missing. They felt that their sleep was very deep and they didn't notice just how their child disappeared.

It was possible that the child would have stood up on his own, because their were no signs of anyone braking in. The two began to panic and ran outside, only to find that the inn they stayed in now turned into a small shack in the middle of the woods.

The shack was familiar to them, very familiar. They have seen this shack before. It was where they used to live before they had a child.

The first thing he felt was fear. then confusion. doubt. revelation. then back to fear.

'What if all of that was a dream?' She thought to herself.

She turned to his husband, who was now looking at her with confusion. Then his fear seemed to deepen.

'Everything was just a dream.'

The woman walked hand-in-hand with her husband and seemed to still feel doubt. The times that she spent with his child felt so true that it would be more unbelievable if it was just a dream. She knew how his hair felt like when brushed, how his cheeks burn when teased, how his lips curve when he smiles. The times they spent together was her greatest treasure. But bow, life was telling her that it was nothing more than an illusion.

As a mother, losing your child was painful to the point of wanting to die as well. But she was a cultivator, her mind was strong which was why she knew that her child existed or at the very least, existed.

She sprinted towards Willow City. But what she faced was not the inn they went into that night, but a small house.

She had heard of the stories circulating the whole City. The sounds of children crying and screaming in the middle of the night. She was afraid that her child might have become one of the children who screamed and cried. She, as a mother, wouldn't be able to take it.