Chapter 16- The Screaming Children (Part 3)

Zhao Fu lay peacefully in the dark room. He had one leg on top of another and his hand were behind his head. Though you could say he was laying down, in truth he was floating in mid-air.

He had just finished talking to two men and found that one of two possessed a very formidable soul. He had heard the way the 'Saint' called the man and thought that he might have been very important to the Ghost King. He watched the changing reaction of the 'Saint'. He saw her shaking, unable to move. He saw her cry, saw her stutter, saw her eyes unfocused. This was the first time he saw the 'Saint' so frightened by a person.

He had met many powerful people, but no one had made the 'Saint' so frightened. The 'Saint', whether she was the real saint or not, is very powerful. She may not be as strong as the Ghost King, but she's on par with a Human immortal. Now, a person who doesn't seem to be a martial artist suddenly made her fall on her knees.

Zhao Fu was pondering about things, when one of the children suddenly burst out crying.

Feeling irritated, Zhao Fu entered the brightly lit dimension.

"You." He pointed at a boy who was about 5-6 years old. His face was covered with snot and drool. Eyes stained with tears and hands and arms covered with mucus. "Stop.crying." Zhao Fu said. "The 'Saint' is dead, no need to bother the whole City."

When his last words fell, the child began to wail again.

Zhao Fu's eyes twitch. He hated children. Though these children helped him get revenge and kill the 'Saint', he still can open his heart to them. He knew that he was different from these children.

All of the little members of the Screaming Children died when they were about 5-7 years old. They still have the mind of a child. The only thing they do is play, cry, play and cry. Even if they do not sleep or eat like other children, they still act like one. Zhao Fu was different. Though he was the first member of the Screaming Children, and is the founder of the stupid organization, he died when he was 17 years old.

The reason for this was because he escaped.

When he was 4 years old, his parents brought him to Willow City. Her mother was a very beautiful woman, and his father was mediocre. They were cultivators who travel far and wide, never staying longer than 3 days in a town or city. When they arrived in Willow City, they were dirt poor. They chose the cheapest inn to stay. At that time the cheapest inn was the Old ladies Inn, but at that time, the place was still filled with young women, not old and haggard ladies. They stayed for one night, but that one night was enough for him to be kidnapped.

He woke up in a very dark room. Both his hands and feet were tied. He looked to his left- Black. He turned to his right - Black. For a 4 year old boy, this was a very frightening thing. You woke up in an unknown place where your parents aren't there to protect you. His breathing sped up, his body shook. His hands, which were tied, started to sweat. His mind was filled with thousand upon thousands of thoughts. Ghost, demons, demon beasts. All of which could attack him at any time.

He thought of Ghost. They could possess his body and play with his organs, scratch his skin, until it bled. He thought of how they'd enter his body and make his blood gush on his seven orifice. Blood in his mouth, his nostrils, ears, and eyes.

He thought of Demons. Them slicing his head off, eating his organs, playing with his intestines until they turn into mush. He thought of them peeling his skin off, and cooking his meat.

He thought of demon beasts. Scratching his skin. Biting his head off and crunching on his bones as if it were hard candy.

His throat dried up, and felt thousands of insects crawling on his skin. If the light are on at that time, he'd know that it was all in his imagination.