Chapter 27- Mass suicide in the east (pt.1)

Wei Xiao was sitting by Qin Zuijia's bed, reading another book. This time it was a novel about a world without cultivation. It was a funny story for most people in their world, but Wei Xiao found that such a world that isn't as bad. A place where there is peace and his family could live without the fear of being killed by others who want to fight for power.

Wei Xiao was waiting for Qin Zuijia to wake up. He doesn't know how to take care of someone who collapses because of fear. Many people would take advantage of him while he's like this, but Wei Xiao couldn't. He didn't have the heart to kill Qin Zuijia like this, nor does he have the heart to kill him. The longer he's with Qin Zuijia, the more he understands his uncle's reasons. Qin Zuijia has the same weaknesses as the Qin Clan. He sucks at naming, awkward in most situations, caring, honest, and has the smile that could melt the coldest heart.

Wei Xiao grew up as a member of the Qin Clan, even if he doesn't have the bloodline, he also shows some of their traits and beliefs. The Qin clan believes that no one is irredeemable. They made the Qin family journals in order to assess which type of treatment they could give their heirs. They never put any label that said 'irredeemable'. The Qin Clan did try to find Qin Zuijia, but most of them gave up halfway, they knew that Qin Zuijia would return to them himself, and he did.

Many elders from the Qin clan that time were scratching their head while giving him a kind greeting. Their first meeting was awkward and it took them several minutes to choose a place to put Qin Zuijia in. At first they invited him for a cup of tea, but Qin Zuijia declined and said that he's going to be a prisoner. One elder said that he could stay at his own pavilion until the day of his punishment, but Qin Zuijia reminded them of what he did.

Most of the conversation exchanged by them involves an awkward silence and scratching of head. The elder really didn't want Qin Zuijia to stay in the dungeon. They have a record that said that although Qin Zuijia is a very powerful mage, his body was very weak, even after cultivation his body would get sick with just a little draft.

Wei Xiao wasn't really there when it happened, but he saw some elders trying to persuade Qin Zuijia to stay in his old pavilion, but Qin Zuijia walked on his own to the dungeon.

Wei Xiao at that time was confused. 'Wasn't he the villain? He doesn't look as evil as the news says. And why do the elders look like they are coaxing a young master not to be stubborn?"

Now, Wei Xiao found that they aren't wrong in doing so. Qin Zuijia would do what he wanted to do. Most of his desires are for other people. He became an artisan to make helpful things for Wei Xiao and Xiao Ling once he grows up, he would choose what other people wants even if he doesn't want it, for example that time when they were choosing an inn in Willow city- He obviously knew that he was their target, but he still stayed because Xiao Ling likes it there, but he regrets doing so because he almost had Xiao Ling killed.

He asked the elders to lock him in the dungeon because he might harm other people, he endured his fever because he doesn't want to bother others, it could also be because he's too embarrassed or awkward around people that he doesn't want to speak up. What he wanted was what was best for most people, even if it didn't agree with what he wanted. He's weak that way, the Qin clan was the same.

Wei Xiao watched as Qin Zuijia furrowed his brow and groaned. His body shot and his breathing was abnormal. He already asked others what he should do to help, but all he got was to watch and never let Qin Zuijia be alone at this moment. It was also a plus if he could embrace him in his arms, but Wei Xiao found that it might make Qin Zuijia uncomfortable, he doesn't know how to hug people unlike Xiao Ling, all he could do was watch and wait.

After an hour, Qin Zuijia finally stopped shaking. His head was still covered with beads of sweat, but other than that he was fine. He opened his eyes and found Wei Xiao sitting beside the bed.