Chaper 1

AMIYAH WILSON
AGE: 24

It was Saturday morning and Amiyah was currently out for a jog in the neighborhood

It was Saturday morning and Amiyah was currently out for a jog in the neighborhood. As she jogged she passed the house right across the street from her and the people were moving out. She talked to them every now and then but it was mostly just a "hey" and "bye".

Amiyah stopped jogging and took her airpods out. She was kind of out of breath but she could still talk. "Good morning", Amiyah said.

"Good morning", Hailey said.

Hailey was white and she had blonde hair and blue eyes. Her, her husband and son were living there..well up until today.

"I see you guys are moving", Amiyah said.

"Yea. Paul got a job offer in Arizona and he decided to take it", Hailey said.

"That's good. Congrats", Amiyah said.

"So, you'll be getting a new neighbor in a couple of days", Hailey said.

"You guys sold the house already?", Amiyah asked.

"Yea. We sold it about three weeks ago but we've procrastinated and are finally moving things out", Hailey said.

"Oh. Okay. Well I hope you have a smooth move and that you all stay safe", Amiyah said.

"Thank you", Hailey replied.

Amiyah put her airpods back into her ears and started jogging again. She looked at her Apple Watch to see the time and realized that she was supposed to be dressed by now to meet her friend. She jogged to her house and got in the shower. Once she was done showering, she got a call from her friend.

They had been friends since high school and throughout college. They work together at a law firm and have been working as a lawyer for about 5 months now.

Amiyah answered the phone.

"I am literally on the way, Bianca", Amiyah said.

"And we all know that your on the way means that your still at the house", Bianca said. "Right along with every other black person"

Amiyah chuckled. "I'm getting dressed alright. I lost track of time while I was jogging", Amiyah said.

"Girl, I need to start exercising", Bianca said.

Amiyah put the phone on speaker and placed it on the bed as she picked out her clothes

"But just hurry up", Bianca said. "I don't want them to give our table away"

"Yea. I'm coming", Amiyah said as she put her pants on. "See you there"

"See you there", Bianca said before hanging up.

Amiyah put the rest of her clothes and grabbed her her purse, phone and keys. She had on a pink blouse, some black skinny jeans and black heels. The restaurant requests you to wear business casual clothes, so that's what she wore.