Chapter 19

Going forward to the weekend, Bianca and Amiyah were chilling on the poolside at a resort.

"Oooh I hope they man continues to do better because I am loving this", Bianca said.

Amiyah chuckled.

"I'm surprised he picked a place 45 minutes from his house", Bianca said.

"Me too", Amiyah said. "But he did it so..."

Bianca closed her eyes.

As Amiyah laid there on the lounge chair, she got a phone call. She went into her bag and saw that it was her second phone ringing. He was Dominic.

"Hello?", Amiyah said.

"Hey, can we talk?", Dominic asked.

Amiyah sat up. "What's wrong?", she asked.

"Can we talk in person?", he asked.

"You're at my house??", Amiyah asked. She was a little nervous because she didn't want Lamar to see him.

"Nah I'm at the resort", he said

Amiyah looked at Bianca who was business relaxing in the sun and no paying Amiyah's conversation any attention. "Oh really. I'm guessing Bianca told you we were here", Amiyah said.

"Don't put my name in nothing. I'm chillin", Bianca said.

"Yea. Just meet me in the lobby", Dominic said.

Amiyah got up and picked up her cover up and open it on. "This must really be important if you had to come all the way out here", Amiyah said.

"Something like that", Dominic said.

Amiyah started walking back into the the hotel. "Just do you know, I was having a good time relaxing so this better be good", Amiyah said. "Coming in now"

Amiyah hung up the phone, and walked in the lobby and looked around until she saw Dominic. She smiled and walked to him.

"Listen, I would really like to get a massage before they stop offering it so please tell me this isn't life or-"

Dominic cut her off by touching her cheeks and pulling her in for a kiss.

Amiyah didn't kiss her at first but then she began to. She touched his chest as they kissed then began to push him off.

"What are you doing?", Amiyah said

"Something I should've done a long time ago", Dominic said.

Amiyah made a face.

"Okay. I'll admit, I shouldn't have started things off with a kiss", Dominic said. "Especially since you're involved with someone"

"I'm dating him", Amiyah said.

"Yea somebody who isn't right for you", Dominic said.

"And you are?", Amiyah asked.

"Yes. Amiyah, you're right. I do like you alright", Dominic said. "And I want to be with you"

Amiyah shook her head. "No", she said.

"Amiyah hear me out", Dominic said.

"No. Okay? You can't do this. You can't come and spill your feelings out just because you see me with somebody else", Amiyah said.

"Yes this is at the wrong time but-"

Amiyah cut him off. "But nothing. I don't want you to say one thing today and it's something else tomorrow", Amiyah said. "We are just friends and nothing more. You are too late"

"Too late for what? Too late to worry about you being with some crazy guy?", Dominic asked.

Amiyah looked down. She got a little mad. "Bianca told you?", she asked.

"Somebody needed to", Dominic said.

"He's not crazy", Amiyah said.

"He kidnapped Bianca, left her to starve and its not no telling what he's doing to you", Dominic said.

"He's treating me right", Amiyah said. "And it was mistake of what he did to Bianca. He's been showing how sorry he was ever since"

"I don't trust him", Dominic said.

"So, let me get this straight. Did you wanna come up in here and spill your feelings to me so I could leave him?", Amiyah asked.

"I mean that and I wanted to try things out", Dominic said.

Amiyah walked closer to him, slowly.

"Dominic, I've waited since the 11th grade for you to admit that you wanted me, but you never did. Yet, now that you have, what? Competition. You wanna speak up?", Amiyah asked. "Matter of fact, he doesn't have competition, because I'm over you. If you really wanted me, you would've told me straight up, not because you think you're going to loose me"

"I didn't want you to get hurt, Amiyah", Dominic said. "But I think that I am ready now and I don't think this guy is going to do you any good"

"He is great to me...Better than you probably would ever be to a woman", Amiyah said. "Just don't talk to me anymore and we'll be good. And do not talk to Lamar because I know you"

"Okay, Amiyah", Dominic said as he nodded. "Be like that then"

Amiyah just looked at him and folded her arms.

Dominic walked away.

Amiyah looked down and sighed.

Truth is, some part of her did want to be with him. She just didn't want him to continue to try to get with her or even worst have Lamar know about him. She didn't want Lamar to do anything to Dominic. Her feelings were more toward Lamar anyways.

Amiyah walked back outside with Bianca.

"Why did you tell Dominic?", Amiyah asked.

Bianca took off her sunglasses. "Okay, before you start. I did it for safety reasons but that was when everything happened which was like a month or two ago", Bianca said.

"You promised me Bianca. You lied to me", Amiyah said.

"At least I didn't tell the police", Bianca said. "And Dominic isn't going to tell anybody"

"He told me, which I'm sure you told him not to but he did that anyway, right?", Amiyah asked.

"Amiyah, why are you so mad?", Bianca asked.

Amiyah sat down. "Dominic was about to... to tell me how he felt about me", Amiyah said. "He kissed me"

"He did?", Bianca asked.

"Yes and I mean like yea I've always wanted that but it's like...I don't think I want to happen anymore ever since I met Lamar", Amiyah said.

Bianca sighed.

"Yes. Lamar has his flaws but he's getting better. He's controlling his anger for me and I can tell. I can see it. Throughout these five months I've seen a change", Amiyah said. "Sooner or later, he'll be willing to get extra help, if needed, but right now I think I'm handling things good", Amiyah said.

Bianca sat up. "...well at least you're happy with someone", Bianca said. "And if you believe that things are going good then don't stop it, for somebody who had years to be with you but chose not to...it's your life so live it the way you want to"

Amiyah looked down. "But do you think I'm making the right decision with Lamar?", Amiyah said.

"I believe whatever you believe. If I didn't, he'd be locked up", Bianca said as she stood up. "But we are on a little vacation so let's make it last. Let's get some massages"

Amiyah stood up. "Thank you", Amiyah said.

Bianca smiled.

Amiyah and Bianca walked away from the poolside.

TO BE CONTINUED...

💛DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT💛