Chapter 36

Amiyah and Dominic drove to Los Angeles after. It was a long drive so they didn't get there until that night.

"Dominic?", Amiyah said.

"Yes?", he answered.

"...I haven't said this before but I really appreciate you...you mean a lot to me and I'm lucky to have you in my life", Amiyah said.

"...and vice versa", he said as he pulled up to Amiyah's old house. "I still think that you should wait until the morning"

"I should but this is urgent", Amiyah said. "I don't have time to wait...besides my name is still on the title of this house"

Amiyah got out the car and walked to the house and rang the doorbell.

A woman answered the door.

"Ms. Wilson? Hey", she said.

"Hey. I am so sorry to come to your door at this time of the night", Amiyah said.

"Is everything okay?", she asked.

"With you and the house, yes. With me, no. Listen I was just wondering if there was anything suspicious around here?", Amiyah said.

"Umm not that I know of", she said.

"...okay", Amiyah replied. That was the answer she wanted. "Sorry again for interrupting your evening"

"It's okay", she said as she looked a bit confused.

Amiyah walked away and got back into the car.

"So?", Dominic asked. "Anything?"

"Maybe you were right. Maybe I was just overthinking things", she said.

"I never said overthinking things exactly. I just said that I think that your house wasn't the answer. But I don't know. I'm just following your lead", Dominic said. "But maybe the numbers are the other way around"

"2,5,1,2?", Amiyah asked.

"Maybe", Dominic said as he started driving.

"Why does shit have to be so complicated", Amiyah said to herself.

"...what exactly is wrong with him. Does he have an anger problem or is he like dealing with something mentally?", Dominic asked.

"I honestly think it's mentally. I met his family and well I found out that his dad was abusive to his mom and he was always making Lamar feel lower than what he was...so then I realized why he liked me so much, I gave him the attention and love that he didn't get growing up. I know he was diagnosed with something because he had to take some type of medication before we dated but he didn't continue it", Amiyah said.

"You know I get the whole part of wanting to help him but why did you continue to date him?", Dominic asked.

"...because of the other side of him. The one that treated me so good and because I was scared of what he'd do if I left him", Amiyah said. "But I guess I found out"

Dominic got quiet.

"I was the reason she was kidnapped and the reason her life ended", Amiyah said referring to Bianca.

"She doesn't think that. I bet you she doesn't", Dominic said.

Amiyah shook her head. "And then I told him I love him and I don't really know what I was thinking then because I knew I didn't. I couldn't even be myself around him. I always had to be careful of the things I said, what I did, how I acted...everything was just so.."

Amiyah didn't finish her sentence. She just looked out the window.

"I just wish you weren't put into this situation too", she said