Chapter 11

Bianca ended up in Lamar's basement. She don't know when but he knocked her out while they were at her house. She was just waking up.

"What is this?", she asked as she looked around and stood up.

"Your new home. If you don't learn how to mind your own business", he said.

Bianca made a face. "What are you talking about?", she asked.

Lamar hit the wall. "Stop playing dumb", he shouted.

Bianca jumped and took a step back.

"You are trying to tear me and Amiyah apart, and I can't have you do that", he said.

Bianca shook head her head. "No I wasn't", Bianca said.

"Stop lying!", Lamar shouted.

Bianca got quiet.

Lamar began to calm himself down, as he paced back in front. He was mumbling something to himself, but Bianca didn't understand what he was saying.

Lamar stopped and looked at her. "I'm sorry", he said. "I didn't- I didn't mean to yell", he said. "I just...I dreamed about this day for years and it's finally happening and I'm not going to let anybody mess that up"

"And I won't", Bianca said. "Just let me go"

Lamar shook his head. "I can't", he said. "You'll tell Amiyah"

"No I won't. This will be between me and you", she said. "How does that sound?"

"You're a lair", he said as he walked to the table and picked up her phone.

"What are you doing?", she asked as she saw him with her phone.

"I'm texting Amiyah. I'm letting her know that you won't be coming into work Monday", he said before pausing and thinking to himself. "Maybe I should wait"

"I'm not saying here, Lamar", Bianca said.

Lamar walked to her. "I can't let her find out my secret", he said.

"....you killed her didn't you?", Bianca asked.

"I didn't mean to okay", Lamar said. He began to get nervous. "She- she betrayed me. She was so much like Amiyah when I met her and then she just up and left me"

"So, you killed her?", Bianca asked.

"She did it to herself! If she didn't lie to me, she would've still been here", Lamar said. "But maybe it was a wake up call that I need the real version so I came back home"

Bianca's heart began to race but she kept herself calm on the outside.

"And you are not about to ruin that", he said.

Bianca was still quiet. She didn't know what to say anymore or do. She just wanted to go home, and she didn't want him with Amiyah. He was unstable.

"Just please...don't hurt her", Bianca said.

"Hurt her? I would never hurt her. I love her. I just wanna protect her...from people like you who don't wanna see her happy", Lamar said.

"You keeping me here won't make her happy. You can tell her I'll be out for as long as you want to be she will know that something is up", Bianca said.

"So won't", Lamar said.

Bianca got quiet.

"Goodnight", he said before turning the mic in the cell off.

Lamar began to walk upstairs and all he could see was Bianca's mouth moving. He knew she was calling him but he didn't care.

———————————

The next day, Amiyah went out for a jog. She was in her own world as she listened to her music and thought about what Bianca was telling her last night. Once her jog was over and she made back in front of her house she looked into her mailbox. Suddenly, she heard her name.

Amiyah looked back and it was Lamar.

He began walking over as Amiyah turned her back to completely face him.

"Good morning", he said. "I was just about to go out for a run. I guess you already went"

"Yea", Amiyah said. "And good morning"

"So, I was thinking about renting a movie tonight. You done?", Lamar asked.

"Um, not tonight. Maybe another time", Amiyah said.

Lamar made a face. "Well why?", he asked.

"I have stuff I need to do before work tomorrow", Amiyah said.

"All day?", Lamar asked.

"I planned on taking breaks in between. Listen, Lamar we can do watch a movie next weekend okay?", Amiyah said. "I have a busy week coming up"

Lamar nods.

"But I'll talk to you later?", she said.

Lamar nods.

Amiyah smiles slightly. She felt bad because I looked like she hurt his feelings or something. I guess she was so used to being a lot that she missed have days to herself. But she wasn't lying about her busy weekend.

Amiyah walked to her house and Lamar began jogging. He was getting mad, because he felt like Amiyah was trying to avoid him.

Once Amiyah got in the house, she called Bianca. Bianca didn't answer, so she assumed she was still sleeping. Amiyah went upstairs and started her shower. She always felt so comfortable around him but now after what Bianca put in her head, she felt paranoid. She started thinking about the little stuff that were a little weird, but she brushed off at first. Like how he acted when she almost opened the basement door, how many things that they had in common, how he just so happened to buy a necklace similar to the one she was going to get for herself and how both of their phones went off at the same time. She didn't know if she was being paranoid because before these things didn't bother her, or if she needed to look into things for herself.

She really like Lamar and the relationship they were building, but she just wanted to be sure about him.

TO BE CONTINUED....