Chapter 9

The next morning, Amiyah woke up and went downstairs. She noticed the door was open, and Dominic was installing a new lock.

"Well, you weren't joking when you said you were to replace my lock this morning", she said.

"Yea. Surprised your boyfriend didn't do it", he said.

Amiyah made a face. "You throwing shots?", she asked.

"I'm just saying", he said as he twisted the lock. "What dude wouldn't want his girl safe", Dominic said.

"He didn't know. Besides we usually go to his house", Amiyah said. "And why are you worried about what he does? I don't need him to do anything for me"

"I love the independent mindset but he does. Protection should be first", Dominic said.

"I just started dating him, Dominic. But I'm happy you care", Amiyah said.

"Yea well-"

Suddenly, Dominic stopped talking because he saw Lamar walking up.

"Hey, you must be Amiyah's friend", Lamar said.

Dominic looked him up and down. "Who you?", he asked.

Amiyah came to the door. "Dominic, this is Lamar. My boyfriend", Amiyah said.

"Why he sweating?", Dominic asked before looking at Lamar again. "Why you sweating"

"I was jogging, saw you and I just thought I'd speak", he said.

"Dominic, Lamar lives across the street", Amiyah said as she walked past Dominic. "Hey"

"Hey", Lamar said. "I would hug you but as Dominic here pointed out. I'm a little sweaty"

"It's okay. I'll just do this", she said as she kissed his lips.

Dominic rolled his eyes. "I'm done with the door", he said.

Amiyah turned to look at him. "Thank you. How much was it?", she asked.

"You good", he said.

"You sure?", she asked.

"Yea, you good", Dominic said. "It's not like it's something Lamar should've been doing anyways"

Lamar raised his eyebrow.

Amiyah gave Dominic the deaths stare.

Dominic put his hands up and walked into the house and shut the door.

"Well, I guess I'm doing something wrong already", Lamar said. "What was wrong with your door?"

"The stupid lock was jammed", she said. "I don't know. He just replaced it"

"I could've done that", he said.

"I know. I didn't ask him to do it, he just did it. I mean it's been like that for a year now and he knew that so he just did it", she said.

Lamar nods. "Well next time, just let me know if something is wrong around the house", he said.

Amiyah nods.

"I'm going to go shower. I'll see you tonight", he said.

"See you tonight", she replied.

Lamar kissed her again. "I love these lips", he said.

Amiyah giggled.

Lamar smiled and walked away .

Amiyah walked into her house and shut the door. "You wanna tell me what the fuck was that?", she asked.