Chapter 10

So the baby shower happened and Dominic left afterward. That night, Amiyah got dressed for dinner. She had no clue where they were going because Lamar wouldn't tell her. She had on a royal blue sleeveless dress and some heels.

She opened the door for Lamar and let him in.

"Damn", he said.

"Yea, I brought this dress and never wore it. So I hopefully I'm not too dressed up for tonight", she said.

"Well, if you are then so am I", he said.

Lamar had on a blue dress shirt, black pants, and black shoes.

"And we're matching", she said.

"I guess great minds think alike", Lamar said.

Amiyah smiled.

"But before we leave, I think I have just the gift that will bring out that dress better", he said. "Not saying that the dress doesn't look good, you look great in it. I just met that-"

Amiyah smiles and cuts him off. "I get it Lamar", she said. "I know what you meant"

Lamar chuckled. "Sorry", he said.

"And I thought that I was the only one who did that", she said with a chuckle.

Lamar smiles.

"So? The gift?", she asked.

"Oh yea. Right", he said as he went into his back pocket.

Amiyah watched him as he did that and he pulled out a jewelry box which was expected, due to what he said. He opened it and it was necklace. (Picture of necklace below)

"I know it's not all that but I thought that you'd like it", Lamar said

"I love it", she said. "I was actually looking into getting a necklace similar to this one but I love this even better", she said.

Lamar smiled. "Dang, I guess me and you have the same taste then", he said as he took the necklace out of the jewelry box.

Amiyah turned around so he could put it on and that's what he did. After he put it on, Amiyah looked into the mirror.

"Oh shoot na, look at that Diamond glistening", she said.

Lamar chuckled. "You crazy", he said.

Amiyah walked to him and hugged him and kissed him. "Thank you", she said.

"Anything for you", he said as he looked into her eyes.

Amiyah looked at him for a moment. "Can I ask you a question?", Amiyah asked.

"Sure", he said.

"Do you...do you not remember me from high school?, she asked.