Chapter 16

That night, Amiyah and Lamar were in her bed. They had just got done having sex an hour ago so they weren't clothed. Lamar was sleeping but Amiyah was still up. Her thoughts were racing, so she couldn't sleep.

Amiyah decided to take a shower to see if that would relax her, so she got out of bed. Suddenly, she heard Lamar moving so she looked at him. His eyes opened a little and he saw her walking into the bathroom, so he closed them again.

Amiyah looked forward and continued walking into the bathroom. She looked into the mirror and sighed. She loved spending her time with Lamar, but she knew his other side and she never had to deal with somebody like that. He murdered his last girlfriend and she didn't wanna be next. She just wanted to heal him and help him. Apart of her wanted to be with him and another part of her was scared for her life and safety.

Amiyah walked away from the mirror and ran the shower water.

—————————

The next day, while Amiyah was at work Dominic called her. She didn't answer. Instead she let it ring and called him off her other phone.

"Hello?", Dominic said on the other end of the phone.

"What's up?", Amiyah asked.

"Why you call me off of a different number?", Dominic asked.

"I something's wrong with my phone. Just save this number", Amiyah said.

"Oh", Dominic said.

"So, what's up? I'm at work", Amiyah said.

"Nothing. I was just seeing what you were up to", Dominic said.

"Working. So unless it's something important, I need to go", Amiyah said.

"Well, I'll let you get to it then", Dominic said.

"...for real, why did you call?", Amiyah asked. "Is something wrong?"

"Nah", Dominic said. "I just wanted to check in on you. You sounded upset the other day"

"I'm fine", Amiyah said.

"Ole boy treating you right?", Dominic asked.

"Yea", Amiyah said.

"Okay. Well then I'll talk to you later", Dominic said.

"Okay", Amiyah replied. "Bye"

"Bye", Dominic said before he hung up.

Amiyah put her phone down and began typing.

"Who was that?", Bianca asked.

"Dominic", Amiyah said. "That boy is random sometimes"

Bianca was quiet. She knew he was calling to see if Amiyah would say anything about Lamar, even though she told him not to.

Amiyah looked at Bianca. "You okay?", Amiyah asked.

"Yea I'm fine", Bianca said as she started to go through her cases.

Amiyah looked at her for a moment longer then did the same.

Bianca looked up and saw Lamar walking in.

"I'm going to the restroom", Bianca said.

"Okay", Amiyah said as she turned to look at her but saw Lamar then she looked at Bianca. "Bianca he really is sorry about what he did"

"I don't care. I don't wanna be around him", Bianca said before walking away to the bathroom.

Amiyah sighed.

Lamar began walking over once he say Amiyah. He had a bag of food in his hand. It looked like two takeout trays.

"Hey", Lamar said. "I got you and Bianca some lunch"

"Aww, that's sweet of you", Amiyah said.

"It's the least I can do for the way I acted", Lamar said. "Where is she anyway?"

"She went to the restroom", Amiyah said. "But I'll let her know what you said and that you brought her food"

"She's avoiding me, isn't she?", Lamar asked.

"No. She just went to the restroom", Amiyah said. She was lying of course.

"You're lying", Lamar said.

"When have I ever lied to you?", Amiyah asked.

Lamar got quiet.

"Never and I plan on continuing to be honest with you", Amiyah said.

"...okay", Lamar said as he put the food on her desk.

"Thank you", Amiyah said.

Lamar nods. "Mhm", he said.

Amiyah studied him. She wasn't sure of his emotions.

Lamar walked next to her and leaned his butt against the desk.

"Would it be unprofessional for me to kiss you?", he asked.

"Kinda", Amiyah said. "But I don't mind waiting until I'm off the clock"

Lamar nods. "See you later", he said as he took himself from against the desk. "I love you", he said.

Amiyah nods. She felt bad not saying it back but she didn't feel the same way.

Lamar walked away to leave and Amiyah walked him.

"Lord just please guide me into the right direction and help me, help him", Amiyah said softly, praying.

Bianca eventually came out of the bathroom and sat at her desk.

"He brought you some lunch", Amiyah said.

"Once again, I don't want anything from him", Bianca said. "After what he did to me...you shouldn't either"

Amiyah looked down.

"But I understand. You want to help him so I'm not mad at you", Bianca said. "Some people can't help their actions, so I guess it's best to help them help their actions so they don't harm anyone else right?"

Amiyah looked at her. "I'm sorry", Amiyah said.

"It's not your fault. You're just a good person", Bianca said. "That is why you're a great lawyer"

Amiyah smiled a little. "You're even better. Everybody needs that mean, straight to the point lawyer too", Amiyah said with a smile.

Bianca chuckles.

Amiyah looked at her watch. "It's 12 and I'm hungry", Amiyah said. "You sure you don't any"

"No", Bianca said. "I brought my own lunch anyway"

"Okay", Amiyah said.

Bianca got up to have to the break room to get her food.

Amiyah opened up one of the takeout boxes and began eating.

TO BE CONTINUED....