Chapter 7

After Amiyah was done with her case, which she lost, she was at Lamar's house. Even though they had been talking for a month, she hadn't been in his house but about 4 times. Out of those 4 times, she never used the restroom there.

She touched the doorknob to the basement door, but she thought it was the bathroom. Before, she got a chance to twist the doorknob to open it. She was startled by Lamar's voice.

"What are you doing?", he asked calmly but inside he was a little nervous.

"Um, I have to use the restroom", she said.

"The bathroom is down the hall some more to the right", said Lamar.

"Oh", she said. "Thanks"

Lamar nods.

Amiyah turned her back to him to walk to the bathroom and made a face once she was no longer facing him. She opened the bathroom door and looked at him as she walked in. He was walking to toward the couch. Amiyah went into the bathroom and shut the door, and Lamar got back up to make sure the basement door was locked and it was. He walked back to the couch and sat down. He was Amiyah's phone and picked it up. He saw a picture of her on the lock screen and admired it for a moment. He was going to go through it but he heard the bathroom door open so he put it down.

Amiyah came out the bathroom and walked to him and sat down. "So, what did that door lead to anyway?', she asked.

"What door? You mean the one you almost opened?", he asked.

"Yea", she replied.

"Oh. The basement", he replied.

Amiyah nods.

Lamar picked up the paper with the results on it and handed it to her. "Here you go", he said.

Amiyah looked at it. "Usually people dont do this", she said. "Im surprised you did"

"Even though I use condoms for the most part, you never know", he said.

Amiyah nods. "At least you're aware that anything can happen and you keep up with your health and fitness", she said as she put the paper down. "And that just made you even more attractive", she said as she leaned into him

Lamar smirked before they started kissing.

Amiyah pulled away and smiled at him. "But sleep is calling and I have to work in the morning", she said.

"Well, you need your beauty sleep", he said.

Amiyah smiled as she stood up. "Goodnight", she said

"Goodnight", he replied.

Amiyah grabbed her phone and purse.

"Hey, um I was wondering if you wanted to go out Saturday", he said. "and get some lunch or something"

"I actually have to go to a babyshower", she replied. "Maybe dinner?"

Lamar nods. "Sounds like a deal", he said.

Amiyah smiled. "okay. bye", she said before walked to the door.

Lamar got up. He walked to make sure she made it in the house safe so he stood on his porch as she walked to her house. Once she walked into the house, he went into his.

------------------------------

The next morning, Amiyah walked into work and sat at her desk. "Morning", she said.

"Good morning", Bianca replied.

Amiyah got her things out.

"So whats the details about your dad?", Bianca asked.

Amiayh sighed. "He won't be getting out anytime soon", Amiyah said.

"I thought he was supposed to get out", Bianca said.

"I thought so too and so did Lamar but Lamar called and told me that come to find out, he didn't", Amiyah said. "He spoke up about some other crime that he did and not about the one my dad was arrested for"

"So you mean to tell me he put himself in jail, just to himself and jail and not even get an innocent person out?", Bianca asked.

"Yea", Amiyah said. "Stupid right?"

"Uh, yea", Bianca said.

The guy didn't like how Lamar did him so he went to jail to get away from him, but didn't do exactly what Lamar said.

Amiyah shook her head. "I'm just glad I didn't call my dad up and tell him. Even though when I used to talk to him about getting him out he acted like he didnt want to get out", she said.

Bianca didn't say anything.

"But anyways, how's research going", Amiyah asked referring to her looking up Lamar and looking through his social media.

"He's clean", Bianca said. "But his ex girlfriend was beautiful"

"Really?", Amiyah asked.

"Yea, but she passed away", Bianca said.

"Really?", Amiyah asked. "How?"

"I dont know. He didn't say in the post exactly", Bianca said. "But it sounded like she committed suicide from what he said"

"Aww", Amiyah said. "He must have been heart broken"

"I know. Just think about it. You have a boyfriend that you thought was happy with you and vise versa and they just commit suicide. It makes you feel like you're not good enough or like yall weren't as close as yall thought because he didn't even tell you something was up", Bianca said.

Amiyah looked down. "yea", she said.

Bianca got up and walked away to do something.

Amiyah sighed and started working.

TO BE CONTINUED...