Chapter 27

💛DONT FORGET TO VOTE & COMMENT💛

The next morning, Amiyah felt for Lamar when she woke up but he was gone. She quickly looked at the time because she thought she was late for work by it was one 5a.m. She sat up and tried to keep her eyes open before she got up but before she did get up, Lamar came into the room.

Amiyah jumped a little, because he startled her. But she felt him getting close so she looked up at him and he put his hand around her neck and laid her back.

"You're a lair", he said.

Amiyah was in so much shock that she couldn't even speak.

"None of you clients live where you went today!", Lamar shouted.

Amiyah didn't even think about how he even knew where she even went today. How did he even know where she was.

"You saw that nigga didn't you?", Lamar asked.

"No", Amiyah replied as she struggled to speak.

"You're lying!", he shouted, this time even louder before.

Amiyah started crying.

"Why? Why?", Lamar asked. "Amiyah, I really don't wanna have to-"

Amiyah kicked him in his private area and he let go of her. Amiyah immediately gasped for air, He was touching his private part in pain. You could see the veins in his neck.

Amiyah quickly got up and grabbed her shoes. She started to go out the room but Lamar grabbed her and pulled her to him.

"I wanna go Lamar. I can't do this", Amiyah said. "I can't do this"

Lamar looked at her as he made a face. It was the same face that he made in the car after the doctor's appointment.

"You can't do what??", Lamar asked.

Amiyah started crying as she tried to get out of his grip.

Lamar walked her to the window and opened it with his other hand.

"Lamar stop", Amiyah said.

"If you wanna go that's the only way out", Lamar as he tried to pull her toward the window.

"Lamar please", she said as she tried get out of his grip.

"Nah. You wanna threaten me and lie to me", Lamar said as his grip got tighter and he got her to the window.

"Lamar, please. I- I am pregnant", Amiyah said crying.

Lamar stopped once she said that.

"I did go to his house but I was just visiting him. He wasn't even home, that or he didn't let me in. He's probably mad because I've been ignoring him for all these months", Amiyah said. "I will not do it again. Okay?"

"...just get back in the bed", Lamar said  as he let her go.

Amiyah looked at him.

"Get in the bed", Lamar said in a stern voice.

Amiyah let out a breath and walked toward the bed.

Amiyah felt that the only reason why he didn't take it further was because she was pregnant. She had to remind him that she was pregnant.

Lamar looked at her as she got in the bed.

"Don't let me catch you over there again", Lamar said.

Amiyah got under the covers and faced the other way.

Lamar turned the light off and walked out the room.

Amiyah then began to cry. Even if she told the truth, he still would've acted in such a way.

———

The next morning, Amiyah was getting dressed. Lamar and her barely exchanged words.

"You actually gonna be at work the whole day?", Lamar asked.

"I may not be at the office the whole time but I'll be working, yes", Amiyah said.

Lamar walked to Amiyah and starred at her. Amiyah looked up at him too, staying calm.

"I hope you aren't lying again", Lamar said.

Amiyah shook her head.

Lamar looked at her for a little while longer than walked away to go his shoes on.

Amiyah watched him for a moment. "...lock the door on the way out", she said.

"Wait. Come here", he said.

Amiyah slowly walked to him.

"No I love you? Have a great day at work?", Lamar asked.

"I love you...have a great day at work Lamar", Amiyah said.

"I love you too", Lamar said before kissing her hand. "And I only want the best for you and fortunately that's me"

Amiyah nods.

"See you later", Lamar said.

Amiyah walked out the room and left.

Once she got to work she saw Bianca and pulled her into the corner.

"I'm sorry", Amiyah said. "I am... so sorry"

"About what?", Bianca asked.

"About everything you were telling me about Lamar and I didn't listen", Amiyah said.

Bianca looked Amiyah up and down to observe her for anything wrong with her.

"I'm fine", Amiyah said. "It's just...he's not getting any better Bianca"

"What did he do?", Bianca asked.

Amiyah shook her head. "I don't wanna talk about it. Just...go ahead and go to the police", Aaliyah said.

"Amiyah it's been months. I have no type of proof of what happened. He even took what he did out of the basement", Bianca said.

Amiyah sighed.

"How about you go to the police on whatever happened last night or happened the other day for that matter", Bianca said.

"I can...but the most I can do is a restraining order", Amiyah said. "I doubt Lamar is going to follow it"

"And when he doesn't, he goes to jail", Bianca said.

"True", Amiyah said.

"Do that and see what happens", Bianca said. "And you're going to tell me what happened later"

Amiyah nods as she walked away.

Bianca walked her and started to think to herself. As much as she wanted to confront Lamar, she scared to. So, she thought about calling the only person who would, but then again it would just make things worst so she didn't.

Bianca sat at her desk and continued her work.

TO BE CONTINUED...