Chapter 6

The next day, Amiyah was at court with another client. The case wasn't looking good for them.

"You can take a plead deal and be in jail for 7 years less than what you would be in if you don't", Amiyah said. "That is the best I can do"

"Let me tell you something, the best you better do is not get in prison in the first place", he said.

Amiyah put her hands on the table and leaned forward as she gave him the same energy. "I don't know if you noticed but he had good evidence and about stuff that you didn't even tell me about, so I wasn't prepared", Amiyah said. "So if it's anybody's fault that you go to jail it's you"

The guy stood up, he was angry. The officers grabbed him.

"I'm not signing shit and I better be no guilty when we get back in there", he said.

Amiyah looked at him for moment. He deserved to go to jail. He as a killer. She got assigned to him and had no choice but to defend him. She couldn't wait until her and Bianca got their own firm.

The guy sat back down.

"I'll be back", Amiyah said before grabbing her stuff and walking out. As soon as she walked out, she almost bumped into Lamar.

"I'm sorry", she said before looking up at seeing Lamar. "Oh, hey"

"Hey", he replied.

"Here to testify again?", she asked.

"Yea, and then back to work I go", he said. "But I'm glad I bumped into you. So, I talked to the guy and turns out her felt bad about the situation. He came to the police station as I was leaving and he's confessing"

"Really?", Amiyah said. "Oh my gosh"

Amiyah hugged Lamar tight.

"Thank you so much. I love you for this", she said before kissing his cheek. She didn't mean that she was in love with him, she just met that he was basically a life saver. Usually she would clarify things that came out wrong but she was too excited.

She looked at the time on her watch. "I'm going to use the restroom and I have to get back to my client", she said.

"Okay", Lamar said.

"Thank you so much again", she said. "I can't wait to see him"

"No problem", he said.

Amiyah smiled at him and walked to the bathroom.

Lamar smiled as she walked away.

Bianca walked up. "Hey", she said.

Lamar was startled at first because she interrupted his day dreaming.

"Hey", he said before walking into the court room.

Bianca looked down the hall and saw Amiyah walk into the bathroom so she went in too. Amiyah walked into the stall while Bianca was in the mirror.

"Hey, girl", Bianca said.

"Hey, B", Amiyah said.

"Girl, I don't know but, I'm getting this vibes-"

Amiyah cut her off. Amiyah didn't mean too but she was so into her thoughts that she didn't really listen to Bianca. "You are not going to believe this. My dad is going to get out of prison", Amiyah said.

"What? Really?", Bianca asked. "Congratulations"

"I'm so excited for him because I could tell he was miserable the last time I saw him", Amiyah said.

"How is he getting out though?", Bianca asked.

Amiyah flushed the toilet and walked out of the stall.

"Thanks to Lamar, I found the guy and Lamar talked to him and he guy is going to confess", Amiyah said as she washes her hands.

Bianca made a face.

Amiyah began trying her hands. "But the point is, my dad is getting out", Amiyah said.

"That's great but you mean to tell me this guy just willingly confessed just to go to jail?", Bianca asked. "I mean like look at that guy you're defending. He ain't tryna go and he know he wrong"

"Everybody is different Bianca. I mean this happened 12 years ago and maybe the guy feel bad that he's out here and free while somebody else is doing fine for what he did", Amiyah said.

"Okay maybe you're right or maybe you just need to put her lawyer cap on and ask questions", Bianca said.

"Lamar already told me that the guy felt bad", Amiyah said. "I mean why else would he confess?"

"I don't know", Bianca said. "I just know that I'm getting these vibes"

"What kind of vibes", Amiyah asked. "You're vibes are usually right"

"I don't know. It's just something about him and the way he acts sometimes", Bianca said. "I don't know if I know him from somewhere and that's the vibe that I'm getting or if it's something else"

"Well, keep using your red flag alert while I go talk to this crazy ass client of mine", Amiyah said.

"I mean like when you're around Lamar. How does it feel?", Bianca asked.

"It feels good, actually", Amiyah said with a smile. "I don't know, it's like he's doing everything right so far. My all I want in a guy, checklist to a T"

Bianca smiled. "And actions are what matter, so don't listen to me and have fun. I'm wrong sometimes", she said.

Amiyah chuckles. "Could be or you may not be, but just be my third eye", she said.

Third eye is code for doing research on somebody and if was the expert at that then it was Bianca.

"Will do", Bianca said.

"Thank you", Amiyah said before she walked out the bathroom to get to her client and Bianca walked into the courtroom. It wasn't her turn to go up yet, so she found a seat next to Lamar.

Lamar looked at her and then look forward. He didn't really want her by him.

"So Lamar, what's your intentions with my best friend?", she asked.

Lamar continued to look forward. "My intentions are between me and her", he said.

Bianca raised her eyebrows. "I'm sorry, did I do something to you", she asked.

She was beginning to think that the vibe she was reading off him was the fact that he didn't like her or something.

"No. Just don't like how you're coming at me just I'm some dude who only want one thing or is trying to use her", Lamar said.

Bianca was quiet for a moment. "I didn't say that but have it your way", she said.

"I like her and I'm going to treat her right if that's what you're wondering. That's all I ever wanted to do. Since I met her", he said before clearing his throat.

"Well keep it that way", she said.

"I wanna call Lamar Smith to the stand", one of the lawyers said.

Lamar stood up and walked to the front.

Bianca took out a pen and wrote down his first and last night. She wanted to look into him, and she knew Amiyah wasn't going to. Amiyah said that Lamar was perfect and she wasn't thinking that he wasn't but sometimes that's the biggest red flag. Besides, he never makes eye contact with her so it always threw her off. And like Amiyah said, be her third eye right?

After writing his name, Bianca looked up and listened to the case that was going on.

TO BE CONTINUED....