Chapter 42

The next morning, Amiyah went to Bianca's grave while Kaden was at her aunt's house. She had no idea where Lamar went and why he left.

Amiyah bend down and places flowers on Bianca's grave.

"I'm so sorry, I missed your funeral. I was in a dark space and I had a lot going on as you may know", Amiyah said. "...I felt ashamed to come because this was all my fault"

Amiyah tired her hardest to hold in her tears.

"And I know it's been months and this is my first time coming here but...I was trying to build of the courage so I would cry like I am not", she said as she looked down. "But I should've came a long time ago, because it's the thought that counts"

Amiyah sat all the down.

"I miss talking to you and telling you what's on my mind and telling you my problems and listening to your problems"

Amiyah was silent for the moment.

"Dominic and I got into a fight and I think our friendship is done", Amiyah said. "...two of my favorite people left me, because of- because of me"

"Excuse me", a voice behind her said.

Amiyah quickly turned around.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you, but I just- I just over heard you and I wanna say that I know how you feel", he said. "My brother died a few years ago and for the longest I blamed myself, so I never forgave myself. The blame that I had for myself turned into something dark, something that changed me. Last year I realized that it wasn't my fault because I wasn't the one who ended his life...could it have been prevented? Yes. But at the same time it wasn't my fault and I just wanna say that unless you killed her yourself which I doubt because you'd in jail or something then...it's not your fault, so don't blame yourself"

Amiyah wiped her tears. "Thank you", Amiyah said with a weak smile. "That was nice of you"

He nods.

"I suppose your visiting your brother", she said.

"Yea...I just have something on my mind that I need to get off my chest and what better way to get it off than to talk to him. I can't hear his replies, but I guess the things that happen in my life after I tell him is his answers", he said.

"...I never thought of it that way", she replied.

"Yea...but I'm going to let you get to it. Sorry again", he said.

"you're fine. You actually helped me with something", Amiyah said.

He smiled a little. "Glad I could help", he said.

Amiyah smiled back.

He walked away and Amiyah looked back at Bianca's tombstone.

"So...long story short is, I don't like what our friendship has became...and I'll do anything to fix it", Amiyah said.

Amiyah sat there for a moment then she got up and began walking away.

"Wait", the guy said as he catch up with her.

Amiyah looked at him as she put her hand in her coat pocket.

"I know you're probably creeped out because I keep coming up to you", he said.

"No", Amiyah said in disagreement.

"I mean you reached for the gun in your pocket, that of which I hope you have a license to carry", he said.

Amiyah slowly took her hand out of her pocket. "I do", she replied. "How can I help you?"

"Well for starters, I'm Keyon. Nice to meet you", he said.