Chapter 8

The door of Jungkook's room opened, revealing his mother, who had no idea what was going on inside the room. Upon entering her son's room, the first thing she saw was a girl over her son's body.

"Jungkook you... oh... I'm sorry, I should've knocked," the lady said being completely flustered and confused.

'It's the first time my son has brought a girl home and I just had to ruin their moment!' She thought.

"It's not what it looks like. You're getting the wrong idea!!" YN tried to explain while getting up in a hurry.

"It's okay dear, you don't need to feel embarrassed. I'm just happy that this rude brat finally has a girlfriend. Please continue, I'll just leave," Jungkook's mom said with a sly smile and turned to leave.

"No no, I'm not..." YN tried to say but before she could complete her sentence, the lady was already gone.

"Just leave it. Let her think whatever she wants, she's happy anyways," Jungkook muttered while getting up.

"How can you just leave it? She must be thinking..."

"And dear, please don't forget to use protection. I'm not in a hurry for a grandchild," his mom said all of a sudden, while poking her head around the door and left.

That small piece of adult advice made both of them red as a tomato but Jungkook soon managed to collect his thoughts.

"YN, what's important right now is that the spells are not working. Now we have to find out what triggered your powers. So tell me, since when weird things started happening to you?" Jungkook asked casually as if nothing happened a minute ago.

"Well I can see the marks since I was little but nothing weird happened actually. It was last night when I first realized."

"Then we should ask your parents. Probably they're the ones who locked your powers in the first place."

"But Jungkook, I think they're the same as me, cause I've never seen their marks."

After her statement, the room became silent. They didn't know what to do and were desperately thinking of a solution. That's when something clicked on her mind.

"I think it's that Taehyung guy! When I pushed him that day, something happened to me. And since then everything became weird."

Hearing her statement, Jungkook thought for a while and left a loud sigh.

"Okay fine then, I'll have to talk to him about it. let's meet tomorrow at the college rooftop during lunch break. I'm sure he can help but I'm not sure if he WILL."

"What difference does it make? Your spells didn't work, then why would his? We're just wasting time," YN exclaimed, feeling extremely disappointed.

"I think he can make it work cause he and I are not the same. He belongs to the royal family of witches," Jungkook said and walked towards his door, leaving YN even more confused.

The next day~

Even today YN got unwanted stares from some students as if she were a celebrity and she didn't like it at all. But she was getting used to it and tried to ignore them. Just like Jungkook said, YN went to the rooftop during lunch break and he was already waiting there for her, leaning on the wall. Looking like a full course meal!

YN felt a little bit awkward and shy, so she didn't say anything. They just stood there awkwardly, until a specific person came to lighten up the atmosphere.

"What's up Jeon, is everything okay? Why did you call me here?" Taehyung said loudly with a playful smirk on his face.

"We need your help," Jungkook replied, standing up from his leaning position.

"Whoa! What did you say? Say that again. You need MY help? Am I hearing this right?" Taehyung said with surprised eyes, trying to make fun of his rival.

"Stop overreacting, Kim. Now hear me out."

After explaining everything, Jungkook and YN both waited for the other male's reply. But Taehyung decided to play with them a little, after all he was getting an upper hand over his rival for the first time.

"Why should I help you? What's in it for me?" Tae asked with a smirk.

"Look... It's..." Jungkook started.

"Hold on a minute. Tell me one thing first, why are YOU helping her? Do you perhaps... LIKE her?" Tae asked again and his smirk grew even wider.

"Stop assuming things. If we don't help her then we are the ones who will face the consequences. She's like a ticking bomb that can explode anytime, revealing our whole community," Jungkook replied getting agitated, veins popping out of his hands.

But YN on the other hand was getting red for no reason. It looks like even she wasn't immune to his charms after all.