Chapter 14

There's no doubt that Jungkook is good looking and good at many things, which made him the popular heartthrob of the college. Now that the night of the ball was approaching, many girls had the desire to attend the ball as his date.

But everyone already knew that there was no point dreaming about him. He would reject them anyway so no one dared to ask him and embarrass themselves. Yet there were some bold girls, who asked him out anyway and as we already know, he rejected them.

Jungkook's P.O.V~

Today something very unexpected happened to me. Ji Eun sunbae, who always either ignored me or treated me formally, asked me out for the ball out of nowhere. Yes she was my all time crush, my ideal type who always made me feel butterflies.

But I said NO. I said NO to Ji Eun sunbae!! I said NO to her only so that I could go with YN? I don't even know what came over me, I must be losing my mind. How can I be so stupid to reject my lifetime crush!

However, a few other girls already asked me out for the ball and as always I said NO but this time the reason was different. I thought YN would ask me out herself and I had already decided that I would say YES.

But to my disappointment, she didn't ask me out. I tried to be patient but at this rate it seems like she would never ask. Should I have asked her myself? Whatever, I'm not asking anyone. Who does she thinks she is! Pfft!

I was walking to the cafeteria when I saw a few students running towards the garden. I went there only to find a crowd under the large tree and Taehyung standing on top of that tree branch.

"I'm telling you again, if you don't go with me, I'll jump," Taehyung said, looking down.

What a drama king! If there's anything dramatic happening in this college, it's always that brat. I was about to ignore everything and go on my own way when I heard a very familiar voice.

"Then jump! You won't die."

It was none other than YN. I don't know how but my feet dragged me to that place. I couldn't stay put hearing her voice, I needed to know what was happening.

"I'll die because of heart break then. Why are you doing this to me babygirl, just go with me to that ball. Is it so hard?" Taehyung asked dramatically with a pout.

"Stop this childish behavior and get down."

I stood on my tiptoe to take a look at her and there she was, irritated and so done with Taehyung. There's no way she would accept his offer.

"If you say yes then I'll get down."

"Okay. I'll go with you, now stop this drama."

And it was that moment when I felt like the sky fell down over my head. Taehyung climbed down that tree and showed his stupid boxy smile in victory. But the moment his eyes met mine, that smile turned into a smirk.

He just wanted to get into my nerves and this time he succeeded. I guess I'm the stupid one to catch feelings for that girl. It'd be better if I just go back to my own self. Do whatever you want with her Taehyung, I don't care anymore!

Author's P.O.V~
The night of the ball~

Because of his huge ego, this year too he came alone and got himself busy with organizing the event. He tried hard to focus but couldn't stop thinking about her. He kept looking here and there to find her but she was yet to come.

"I don't get it. If you're dating Jungkook then why are you here with Taehyung?" Aera asked while entering the magnificently decorated ball room.

While the whole college thought that YN was dating Tae, Aera thought it was Jungkook. But in reality, it was no one. It was all part of a misunderstanding which took a toll on YN. She didn't know what to answer so she just kept quiet and walked inside.

"Is there something on my dress? Why are these boys staring at me?" YN whispered to Aera.

"Bro, do you have any idea how hot you look? You should dress like that more often," Aera chuckled.

Well, YN was wearing a beautiful long dress that reached below her knees and the little bit of make-up, added to her original beauty. Indeed she was looking gorgeous that made some guys and even girls, stare at her.

Even Jungkook was not an exception. The moment his eyes laid on her form, he got totally lost and kept staring at her from the distance as if she was the only one present there.

"Whoa!! YN! You look... well..." Taehyung put a finger on his chin and started thinking something.

"Don't even say anything. Some people are already staring at me and it's so uncomfortable," YN almost whispered to him and dragged him someplace else to avoid people's gaze.

Jungkook kept staring at those two until they disappeared into the crowd. All he could do was leave a huge sigh and mind his own business.

Time skip~

The party was now in full swing and everyone was having their time of life. Some were dancing like crazy while some were drinking as if there's no tomorrow. Amidst all this, Taehyung pulled a few pranks by dropping liquid color at random students.

He was so busy with his mischiefs that he almost forgot about YN, who was now all alone. He asked YN out only to make Jungkook jealous. Aera was already gone with her date and so there was no one to give YN company.

YN didn't drink any alcohol, only soft drinks but suddenly she started feeling dizzy. Her body was swaying as she was unable to take control of her body.

Her condition was noticed by three persons in particular. Jungkook, Taehyung and the person who spiked her drink. All three of them approached her from different directions and at last it was Taehyung who reached her first, making the other two stop on their tracks.

"Are you okay? Did you drink too much? Aish... where's your friend?" Taehyung asked while lifting his head up to find Aera but she was nowhere to be found.

"Guess I'll have to take care of you then. If Namjoon hyung finds out I'm taking you with me, he'll kill me," Taehyung kept talking to YN who was too intoxicated to understand anything.

Taehyung picked her up in his arms and went outside to his car. Placing her body on the passenger seat, he suddenly remembered that he left his phone behind.

But when he came back with his phone, YN was already gone!

"Where did she go!" Taehyung thought, feeling worried and confused.