Chapter 23

That night, after taking YN to Ji Eun's house, both Jungkook and Taehyung dressed her wounds and tucked her into bed. None of them wanted to leave her side so they stayed up almost all night, until they fell asleep, sitting on the bedside.

In the middle of the night, Ji Eun came to check up on YN. She was hoping that the males would be in deep sleep. But when she went inside the room, she saw Jungkook sleeping but his hand was tightly intertwined with YN's. Taehyung was asleep right beside him and her slight movement made him squirm a little bit.

Finding it impossible to make a move, Ji Eun walked out of the room to think of something.

When Jungkook woke up at dawn, he didn't find Taehyung anywhere in the room. Then his sleepy eyes drifted off to the precious figure, sleeping peacefully on the bed. Moving his hand forward, he delicately tucked a few strands of her hair, behind her ear.

Unknowingly a soft smile appeared on his weary face while staring at her dearly. Planting a chaste kiss on her forehead, he got out of the room and called Taehyung.

"Where are you?" Jungkook spoke on the phone as now he stood in the living room.

"I came out to buy some medicine for YN but all the shops were closed..."

"Because it's still so early genius! Go to the 24/7 department store."

"Yeah, that's where I went GENIUS! It's so far and I'm totally shivering. I should've worn something warm...."

Taehyung kept on blabbering but Jungkook cut off the call, rolling his eyes. He was still looking at his phone screen when suddenly a hand reached his shoulder, making him flinch.

"It's just me...*chuckle*... erm... can we talk?" Ji Eun asked, eyeing him with googly eyes.

Jungkook felt a little bit afraid as he thought she would ask him about last night's incident. He didn't know what lie he should tell so he looked down and scratched his head, still fidgeting with his phone.

Before he could say anything, Ji Eun grabbed his wrist and dragged him to her room and made him sit on her bed, face to face. Taking his phone from his hand, she grabbed his attention and looked at his eyes.

"I... kind of like you, Jungkook. It may seem so sudden but I know you have a crush on me since you were a teen *chuckle*."

Hearing those words coming out of her mouth, Jungkook's face turned red in embarrassment. He was aware of the fact that everyone knew about his crush but hearing it from your crush's mouth? Well it was hella embarrassing.

It was true that he liked her but as he grew older, his crush started fading gradually. And now that someone else owned his heart, his crush for Ji Eun was long gone.

Well, he and YN were not officially dating yet but he thought it was high time to reveal it to Ji Eun. But before he could clear her misunderstanding, Ji Eun smashed her lips on his.

As if it wasn't shocking enough for the boy, suddenly the door flew open, revealing YN. Seeing Jungkook kissing another girl, her eyes started welling up and she turned to run away.

"No YN... wait..." Jungkook shouted desperately, pushing Ji Eun away.

But YN didn't stop. She was already so weak and now her heart was  broken to the pieces. All she wanted now was to run away from that house. But as she was about to go out opening the door, she bumped into Taehyung.

"Wow, you woke up already little YN!" Taehyung asked playfully.

Then she broke into tears and hugged him tightly, making him completely flustered.

"YN wait... please let me explain.." Jungkook came running behind her but stopped once he saw Taehyung.

Both the males made eye contact for a second when Tae's gaze drifted off to Ji Eun who was now standing behind Jungkook.

It only took a few seconds for Taehyung to connect the dots. He also knew very well about Jungkook's crush on Ji Eun so he assumed the worst.

"Get out of here!" Taehyung spat, looking angrily at Jungkook, while holding YN within his arms.

"But let me just..."

"I SAID GET THE HELL OUT OF MY SIGHT! Or I swear I'll fucking kill you!!" Taehyung shouted very harshly.

At this point Jungkook also started breaking internally and stomped out of the house, bumping his shoulder with Tae's.

Tae ignored Ji Eun completely and took YN back to her room. YN was a crying mess now so he didn't dare to ask her anything. Feeding her some snacks he gave her medicine when he received a message on his phone.

'Don't ask anything and come out quickly. It's an emergency!'

It was Jungkook's number. Tae got confused for a moment but stood up to go out.

"Where are you going?" YN asked, holding onto his little finger.

"I'll be back in a minute, little YN. Wait for me."

And then he got out of the room only to run into Ji Eun.

"Is she okay? What happened all of a sudden? Is it because she saw me kissing Jungkook? I'm really sorry, I didn't know they were together!" Ji Eun asked, trying to act innocent.

And now knowing the reason behind his twin's outburst, Taehyung started fuming with anger.

"Since you didn't know, I can't blame you. That arrogant jerk always makes her cry."

"I'll talk to her, don't worry. I will take care of your sister," Ji Eun assured with a smile.

Now fuming with anger, Tae ran out of Ji Eun's house while a sly smirk appeared on the elder female's face.

'The moment I see him, I'm gonna punch that pretty face of his. How dare he!' Taehyung thought.

And after running a while he finally found his target, who was now walking back and forth, brushing his hair back in frustration.

"Hey genius!"

Taehyung called out and the moment Jungkook turned his head, a strong fist landed on his pretty face.

Taehyung thought Jungkook would punch him back but surprisingly he didn't, instead looked at the raged male with pleading eyes.

"It was all a misunderstanding, just let me explain!" Jungkook pleaded.

"So is this the emergency you called me here for? I didn't leave her alone to listen to your stupid explanation!"

"What emergency? When did I call you?"

Tae showed him the message on his phone when Jungkook's eyes widened in shock.

"I left my phone back in that house. I didn't send this message!"

*silence*

"Wait!... how many people knows that YN is my sister?"

"Just the few of us and the authority, why?"

"How did Ji Eun know YN's my sister? Did you tell her?"

"Do you think I'm stupid? Why would I do that? Oh God... SHE PLAYED US TAE!!" Suddenly realization hit him like a truck.

And then the two males ran off with all their might as if their life depended on it. Bursting into the house they ran to YN's room, but alas! She was already gone.

There was signs of struggle as things were scattered all over the place.

"Anyone's here? Ji Eun? The door is open so I'm entering!"

Suddenly they heard Namjoon's voice and ran back to the front door.

"Oh I came here to meet YN. How's she..."

"Hyung, we messed up. I think Ji Eun is a demon!!"